What's new

The brownie is done.

ronlane

What's next?
Joined
Aug 3, 2012
Messages
10,224
Reaction score
4,962
Location
Mustang Oklahoma
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My daughter had her bridging ceremony this weekend and is now a junior girl scout. c&c on the picture please. I know I cut off her legs instead of backing up.

1


IMG_5058 1 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr
 
Yep, my issues would be the legs, the trees growing out of her head, the sky, and of course the cars. I like how it is not a cheesy fake look in to the camera smile. Overall its ok IMO.
 
The only issues I see are the cars, the blown sky, the cuts legs, and those rocks on the left. The midday sun and mixed shadows are a challenge. Placing her against a more even background would have helped - a big tree at a longer focal length, for example. Off-camera flash or a reflector would have helped also. But, I think the exposure on her face is good, the focus looks right, and the expression is charming. Good job getting down to her eye level to take the shot. She looks a little bashful, but that's fine for a family portrait of an adorable girl at a meaningful event. She looks really proud and happy!

Here's a crop for comparison. It just emphasizes her face and attempts to eliminate some of the background distractions.

$7884897740_2ddf29fc87_k.webp
 
Seeing the image, i was thinking of what Jaemie has done very well :D
 
Thanks Jaemie. I like that version. I left the rocks in there because I felt that they added to the picture but in resizing that is all I could get of them. Taking what you suggested, I should have been more to the camera right and then I would have gotten those rocks and a tree in the background, which is better than the cars and sky in this instance.
 
Thanks. I still like the original since it includes her whole uniform and her hands, therefore better context and story, but a head and shoulders crop is nice to have, also.
 
An important milestone such as this would be worth a do-over.
 
Thanks. I still like the original since it includes her whole uniform and her hands, therefore better context and story, but a head and shoulders crop is nice to have, also.

Agreed, and I also agree with Designer. This would definitely be worth doing over. My kids are all grown now, in fact many of my grand kids are older then this little girl, but I've been there. ; )
 
Doggone it Ron...I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought a Duncan-Hines fudge brownie mix...all because of having seen your YOUR post's title like 20 times in the AM...I saw the words "brownie" and "done" over and over and over, and mentally envisioned a Silpat muffin pan full of brownies, all cooked and done! (I cook mine not in a cake pan, but in a fancy, Silpat-brand silcone-and-woven- mesh-lined-muffin pan, so the brownie mix comes out like small muffins!)...NOW I have to eat a whole batch of Duncan-Hines fudge brownies. LOOK what you made me do!
 
Doggone it Ron...I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought a Duncan-Hines fudge brownie mix...all because of having seen your YOUR post's title like 20 times in the AM...I saw the words "brownie" and "done" over and over and over, and mentally envisioned a Silpat muffin pan full of brownies, all cooked and done! (I cook mine not in a cake pan, but in a fancy, Silpat-brand silcone-and-woven- mesh-lined-muffin pan, so the brownie mix comes out like small muffins!)...NOW I have to eat a whole batch of Duncan-Hines fudge brownies. LOOK what you made me do!

I hope they were good! I'd have joined you because that does sound really, really good at the moment.
 
Doggone it Ron...I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought a Duncan-Hines fudge brownie mix...all because of having seen your YOUR post's title like 20 times in the AM...I saw the words "brownie" and "done" over and over and over, and mentally envisioned a Silpat muffin pan full of brownies, all cooked and done! (I cook mine not in a cake pan, but in a fancy, Silpat-brand silcone-and-woven- mesh-lined-muffin pan, so the brownie mix comes out like small muffins!)...NOW I have to eat a whole batch of Duncan-Hines fudge brownies. LOOK what you made me do!

I hope they were good! I'd have joined you because that does sound really, really good at the moment.

Here is an iPhone snap of a plate of them that I made on Father's Day...$IMG_0211 copy.webp
 
Doggone it Ron...I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought a Duncan-Hines fudge brownie mix...all because of having seen your YOUR post's title like 20 times in the AM...I saw the words "brownie" and "done" over and over and over, and mentally envisioned a Silpat muffin pan full of brownies, all cooked and done! (I cook mine not in a cake pan, but in a fancy, Silpat-brand silcone-and-woven- mesh-lined-muffin pan, so the brownie mix comes out like small muffins!)...NOW I have to eat a whole batch of Duncan-Hines fudge brownies. LOOK what you made me do!

I hope they were good! I'd have joined you because that does sound really, really good at the moment.

Here is an iPhone snap of a plate of them that I made on Father's Day...View attachment 18789
Your comp's all wrong. That plate would be EMPTY if it was my photo...LOL
 
Brownies in cupcake style. That is originallity and for that I give you a 10. I'm with Jaemie, why did you have to bake them on Father's Day???
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom