What's new

The Caldecotte Arms

Huey Slick

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 21, 2010
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
Buckinghamshire
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have passed this pub, in Milton Keynes (on the A4146 and adjacent to the A5) everyday for the last 7 years going to work and I've known about it for 20 years; this is the first photo I've taken of it.

The Caldecotte Arms is next to Caldecotte Lake which is a balancing lake to prevent flooding from the River Ouzel.

CaldecotArmsframed.jpg
 
Oh, I like this one very much! Good play with the reflection, and it's wonderful to see that the sky is still this deep blue instead of an all black.

So, here's my question: have you ever been inside? Is it good. Recommendable?
 
wow! i guess it was worth it in the end, taking that picture of course. Wonderfully composed shot.
 
Thank you all very much. I'd wanted to get a sunrise shot of this pub for so many years and when my wife went to work early one morning I thought 'Today is the day!'
The weather had changed from gale force winds and heavy clouds to a still, frosty morning.
I haven't been into the pub but my wife did go there for a Christmas dinner a couple fo years ago and said it was OK but not great. Don't know what its like as a regular pub though.
 
the blue is perfect and the reflection is perfect!
 
Thanks Jay. It came out just as I wanted it to, and with my photographic track record that was a miracle!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom