The Canadian Rockies,Banff

Thanks for that Cyber Surfer will give it a whirl.
B.T.W. I live in Calgary also.

You mentioned that you had the in-camera sharpening cranked up...I was going to suggest that you do as little in-camera as possible and save your tweaking for Photoshop.

Now that you have a 20D, try shooting RAW and learn your work flow from there.

Cyber Surfer has some good tips...but if you shoot RAW...you can adjust most of that with software...after you have taken the shot.

We may have to get a meet up planned for Jasper/Banff/Kananaskis...sometime, maybe in the spring.

I am game for that! I know this area like the back of my hand. I have been shooting it for three years now, and there are some secret areas that the tourists don't get to. :biggrin:

I don't get out to the mountains as much as I would like...my wife prefers going to her parent's farm or camping in a more forested area. For me...the Rocky Mountains are like a sanctuary...it refreshes my spirit when I am there.

My friends and I make an annual camping trip to Kananaskis...but that usually means a lot of partying and less time for finding great photo spots. I'd love to take a day or weekend just to shoot photos.

I'm sure we could plan a meet up and maybe get at least 10 people to show up...that would be a blast.

Yes indeed a meet would be great. I'm sure you both have many more secrets to share than I do!
I have been shooting raw, and I am at the low end of the learning curve.
Over the years I have seen quite a few snowy owls just south of town,I,m really hoping to see some this winter.

I forgot to tell a step too, I did some burning and dodging also. I also notice now I messed up on the top of the log. lol

jack lumber said:
Wow ,great work,thanks for taking the time.
I am realy impressed,
I had the in camera sharpness set to max,but I see the improvment in them.
No problem, I like doing it. I liked your image and thought this image had a good 3d type feel to it so I wanted to. I also wanted the practice.

Most reactions

Back