The Canadian Rockies,Banff

Well, this version may be a bit "strong" now ... :scratch: I'm not sure I am happy with my own edit, but I sent the frame through the channel mixer twice, once for some "soft light" and later for some increase in colour saturation, after which I toned it all in this manner in the levels:

jack_lumber_IMG_3520_myedit.jpg

Light WAS a problem there!

i really like the shot of bow falls... well done. :thumbup:

Wow..these are some awesome shots. I gota get out west one day.

Peanuts said:
My only question is how in the world did you manage to get a picture of Bow Falls on such a beautiful day with no tourists wandering around your picture!? :lol:
Great shots.

Actually Banff is not too busy lately,we don't see any Japanese tourist,I think they have all been!

Nice job Lafoto on the edit:)

If your up too it I will post another one for you to play with.

IMG_3521.jpg

Flash used: No
Focal length: 16.0mm (35mm equivalent: 26mm)
CCD width: 22.48mm
Exposure time: 0.017 s (1/60)
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO equiv.: 200
Whitebalance: Auto
Metering Mode: matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

I am sadly lacking in my P.S. skills, can someone fix the top right which is blown ,,and tell me what you did?
IMG_3519.jpg

Flash used: No
Focal length: 16.0mm (35mm equivalent: 33mm)
CCD width: 17.55mm
Exposure time: 0.300 s (1/3)
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO equiv.: 100
Whitebalance: Auto
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

I'll give it a try...
I ran the highlight/shadow first...that got some of the blown detail back...but some of it looks to be gone for good. Then I adjusted levels, curves, saturation, color balance, curve again. The idea was to liven up the rest of the image so that the bright spot was not so distracting. A little sharpening and here you go.

IMG_3519.jpg

Hi, I gave it a try. I just cloned the corner(not very well)but with more care it would look ok. I also darkened the corners. I added some colour and sharpened.
IMG_3519touch.jpg

Wow ,great work,thanks for taking the time.
I am realy impressed,
I had the in camera sharpness set to max,but I see the improvment in them.

You know for all the bad rap the net gets, its great to see it at its best,,,,,people willing to help.

At the top of the thread he says a Canon 20D with a Sigma 10-20mm lens + polarizer.

I like your shots Jack, but you need a slight bit of saturation to increase the colours and a hint of contrast & USM sharpening to add some detail. I find the 20D gives better colour and contrast by setting your menu settings to Parameter 1, which has higher settings for contrast, sharpness, and saturation. I do not use Parameter 2, and I find better colour at ISO 200 which seems to be the sweet spot on the 20D.

Nice work $naps! It's good to have friends on the net.

Big Mike said:
What equipment are you using?

If you mean the ones in my album ,most were taken with a 3.2 toshiba,I only recently upgraded to the 20d

Thanks for that Cyber Surfer will give it a whirl.
B.T.W. I live in Calgary also.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back