The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist - C&C

Parker219

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have wanted to photograph this for a few years now, so when I went to Savannah 3 weeks ago, I was happy to finally be able to.

Comments, feedback, and insults welcomed.

Savannah-Church-4-share.jpg

By the way, I do have a version taken 30 minutes earlier with no sun rays, if you think that would be better.

The sun rays make this image even more beautiful, a stunning image and very nicely taken with great colours.

Thank you, by the way, after getting up from the computer, then coming back, it looked to be leaning a little towards the right, so I straighten it a little.

Nominated for POTM.

I'll probably get strung up on the yardarm but it's too blah in the midtones for me. Opening up that tonal range sparks life into all the colors and pushes the ceiling up to newer heights. I shot this same church several times back when I was doing workshops at SCAD in Savannah. Very ethereal inside.

parker.jpg

^ Ok, I did a version with midtones increased.

Do you have a link to some of your church photos from here?

Or can you post some?

I could look at this church all day long.

Savannah-Church-Straight-fixed.jpg

Last edited:
It will take some serious file digging since I think I shot the last one in 2002 but will have a gander later.

the light sources all being muted-gray is very distracting to me.

do you have the same shot at different exposure levels? you should look into luminosity blending.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back