The Chicago Auto Show 2009

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I hit the Chicago Auto Show and took some pics. Well, a lot of pics. I discovered a lot of things about shooting such events.

1) Lighting is horrible. While it might be strong in some areas, it's often too dark in others and many times your subject will be out of reach for your flash.

2) People suck. Man, it's impossible to get a good shot with all those people milling around! I had to resort to close up shots where I didn't always get the entire car in frame. That's ok, these shots can be creative too.

3) Security wants to see in your backpack a lot.

So, here are some of my favorites.

474371759_aBEXu-L.jpg%27

474371111_sSsmG-L.jpg

474370481_QazYK-L.jpg

474369917_wm4q7-L.jpg

...and this is me doing my thing.

474379266_XPzLc-L.jpg

Pretty good shot. One question though...why do a lot of photographers wear caps backwards? lol(ok I know why backwards :p)

I had a Sox cap on because I need a haircut. I have it on backwards because, well you know why. :)

I would give just about anything to own this bad boy:

474370771_gF2CF-L.jpg

474369215_n5rdr-L.jpg

...and another one of me doing my thing.

474371536_aiUy7-L.jpg

Here's the one I wish I could drive home with me. :)

474368106_Wpgsy-L.jpg

Awesome pics for someone new to photography! You're moving toward professionalism with leaps and bounds! But did you see the shoes on the photographer in the last photo? Fashion police!!!

Nice work, Tim.. Brochure worthy, every one of them. The Bumblebee Camaro could have been a little lighter, but the Nissan with the Nissan sign in frame is splendid!

Very nice shots. Very well done considering the cramped setting. That corvette concept is so cool.

Great shots!! I cant pick a fav because they all look great. Yeah, ill be attending when they make it to the Javits Center this year.
O so make sure we meet up :D. NY Auto Show meet-up anyone? lol

I found myself with the same problems at an indoor bike show (pics are in my flickr, 2nd page).

Awesome images! 2nd photo is my favorite. What kind of car is that?

I found myself with the same problems at an indoor bike show (pics are in my flickr, 2nd page).

Awesome images! 2nd photo is my favorite. What kind of car is that?

It's the new Nissan GT-R. Here's an Auto Spy pic of the car. It was debuted at the show.

nissan-gt-r.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words all!

I was talking to the Mercedes guy who told me something I didn't know about the AMG's. Each of the engines are built by a single man or woman. Once the engine is complete, that builders name (signature) is placed on the engine via a plaque.

474367703_4Qj28-L.jpg

I thought that was pretty cool.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back