The Coffee House

They just came on about Prince... don't know quite what happened. He was only in his 50's, now they're saying he'd been battling the flu and passed away. Wow.

edit - Different channel, showing across bottom line sheriff's dept. hadn't yet confirmed. But now saying it was him. Had been sick earlier in the month, did a concert and plane made an emergency landing. But was supposedly better the past couple of days. Unexpected to say the least.

More news outlets are starting to report that it's been confirmed. :(

Most of the time, hearing the news of a celebrity death makes me feel kind of sad. Shake my head a little, think what a shame. But some hit harder. Bowie hit me pretty hard, and unexpectedly, I'm not taking this one very well either. Both were just such massive talents and so they leave wider, more gaping holes in the world when they leave.

Sad about Prince. Wasn't a big fan of his music personally, but it made him an icon, and certainly wouldn't wish ill upon the man.

Kind of an odd day here. Upper 60s, cloudy, but it feels kinda chilly. Not sure what's up with that. My house is about the same as the ambient temp, so I would figure it wouldn't feel any colder out there. REALLY wanted to get out with the camera today, but that just isn't looking like it'll happen.

I've flipped on CNN periodically and the anchor (Brooke I think?) was being told there had been an emergency call to his studio about a male in the elevator unresponsive, and she kind of gasped aww - you don't see that kind of reaction often. I guess that might be why at first they weren't confirming that it was him? since it was where the studio's located.

Just a shame. Seems like we've lost too many too young.

Well, something a bit more uplifting... Found me a malfunctioning Voigtlander Bessa with a Skopar for $15. A small dose of Naphtha later and everything's working the way it should.

Buenas Tardes Coffee Hosers. Gary is cooking up some salmon on the Kamado and sipping some Vindemia Grenache, which is very very good from a small winery we found in Temecula. Gary has just flipped the salmon and sipped more wine. Gary boiled up some kale, and Mary Lou is picking a salad and making some rice. Very pleasant in the BBQ patio, 60's, dusk has set in the yard is verdant and the waterfall is adding a pleasant background sound. Wish you guys were here.

Now Mary Lou is clipping a bouquet of Sweet Peas and the salmon is nearly done.

A pair of Mockingbirds built a nest in a rose arch off the patio. It is so low you can reach it flat footed. It has two hatchlings which are quite loud, screeching all day long for food. Fortunately, in Gary's old age he has developed some patience.

Last edited:
Finally Friday. I've got a nice Manhattan, straight up, on my to-do list for this evening.

Good morning coffee lovers. Leaving for back home today. Vacation pretty much over, bummer as I found a great picture spot on the last day and only seen a quarter of it. Next time I suppose, maybe in October. Perfect weather all week except for wind but no complaints here. Will have a bunch of laundry, cut lawn, clean pull barn when I get home. Lots of pics to edit as well. Have a great weekend!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Morning, hosers! Working at home, making it an even happier Friday. Later, I will duck out and pick up some prints and run them over to a framer. They're going in a show in a community gallery here. Here's the announcement, in which I was pleasantly surprised to see they used one of mine.

“Community Portrait” Photo Exhibition — Call For MAAG and Photo Club Member Artists
That's super! I am not surprised, I have admired your work since I have joined. You are very talented and have a keen eye for subject and composition. You are in my top 3 for viewing.

Morning, hosers! Working at home, making it an even happier Friday. Later, I will duck out and pick up some prints and run them over to a framer. They're going in a show in a community gallery here. Here's the announcement, in which I was pleasantly surprised to see they used one of mine.

“Community Portrait” Photo Exhibition — Call For MAAG and Photo Club Member Artists
That's super! I am not surprised, I have admired your work since I have joined. You are very talented and have a keen eye for subject and composition. You are in my top 3 for viewing.

Thank you!

Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. The dawn is breaking over the trees and hitting the front porch. The Cecil Brewer, (rose), climbing the front trellace post is the first to be embraced by the light. Next, a ray will strike the south wall of the front porch and shortly after the Flowering Maple and the Hummingbird feeder to the north of the porch will be back lighted turning the green levies into bright translucent spots of yellow-green shimmering a breakfast welcome to the Hummers.

Gary has another dinner party coming in tomorrow ... Today will be long combining work with homework (gotta shoo all the chickens out of the living room).

@ KenC- What are you submitting? I'd wish you luck, but with your skill, you don't need any luck. (I hope you charged the group $10 for using your image in their ad.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back