The Coffee House

@ KenC- What are you submitting? I'd wish you luck, but with your skill, you don't need any luck. (I hope you charged the group $10 for using your image in their ad.)
It's the first pick in his link and it was chosen.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Finally Friday. I've got a nice Manhattan, straight up, on my to-do list for this evening.

Nice! Rye or bourbon? I'm a big fan of a Manhattan :)

Morning, hosers! Working at home, making it an even happier Friday. Later, I will duck out and pick up some prints and run them over to a framer. They're going in a show in a community gallery here. Here's the announcement, in which I was pleasantly surprised to see they used one of mine.

“Community Portrait” Photo Exhibition — Call For MAAG and Photo Club Member Artists

Awesome!! Well-deserved :icon_cheers:

Finally Friday. I've got a nice Manhattan, straight up, on my to-do list for this evening.

Either will do nicely, but tonight it will be bourbon. I usually have a bottle of Eagle Rare around the house. It's relatively affordable and quite tasty in a cocktail or neat.

I'll occasionally buy a bottle of Michter's Rye, but my brother-in-law kind of ruined it for me when he bought and shared a bottle of Angel's Envy Rye. That's probably my favorite whiskey, but I can't justify the cost at the moment.

Good evening, hosers. Had a GREAT day. Scored 7 cameras total (including the Voigtlander from yesterday). Even got a Bantam Special.... for $30. Promptly gave it to my wife.

Either will do nicely, but tonight it will be bourbon. I usually have a bottle of Eagle Rare around the house. It's relatively affordable and quite tasty in a cocktail or neat.

I'll occasionally buy a bottle of Michter's Rye, but my brother-in-law kind of ruined it for me when he bought and shared a bottle of Angel's Envy Rye. That's probably my favorite whiskey, but I can't justify the cost at the moment.

Haven't had Angel's Envy. I'll take note of it. We've had Michter's and also like Rittenhouse. When I've asked for a bourbon Manhattan, I used to get Maker's but it's kind of sweet. I tend to ask for Woodford Reserve. There are also some Hudson Valley ryes and whiskeys that are gaining popularity. If you ever see Hudson, give it a try. They're a bit pricey but very very good. They make several products.

Evening, hosers.

Buzz and I are in the middle of yet another mad dash, this time to Burlington, Vermont. We just had a lovely dinner at a pizza place (though they claim it's 'flatbread' - whatevs, it was taaaaaaysteeeee!) and a walk along Lake Champlain to take a few pictures of the sunset. Now we're in the hotel room sipping at the wine that Tio Gary sent me. That is also quite tasty. :)

Evening, hosers.

Buzz and I are in the middle of yet another mad dash, this time to Burlington, Vermont. We just had a lovely dinner at a pizza place (though they claim it's 'flatbread' - whatevs, it was taaaaaaysteeeee!) and a walk along Lake Champlain to take a few pictures of the sunset. Now we're in the hotel room sipping at the wine that Tio Gary sent me. That is also quite tasty. :)

I love Burlington. I don't know if you're into beer, but it's sort of one of the New England meccas for beer (with Portland area, ME, and of all places, Monson, MA). I have friends who drive up there just to buy as many 4-packs of Alchemist's Heady Topper as they can by literally following the delivery truck from place to place.

There's also a great crepe place in Burlington called The Skinny Pancake if you were looking for a breakfast/brunch/lunch spot.

I ended up drinking beer last night -- one of these:

Film by jwa04, on Flickr

I'm not normally into fruit beers, but this one was pretty crisp rather than sweet, and was perfect for the first kinda muggy day of the year.

This also came in the mail -- should keep me busy for awhile.

Film by jwa04, on Flickr

I was hoping today was going to be good for some romps into the woods, but it's pretty dreary this morning, so I guess I'll have to see what the day brings.

Evening, hosers.

I love Burlington. I don't know if you're into beer, but it's sort of one of the New England meccas for beer (with Portland area, ME, and of all places, Monson, MA). I have friends who drive up there just to buy as many 4-packs of Alchemist's Heady Topper as they can by literally following the delivery truck from place to place.

There's also a great crepe place in Burlington called The Skinny Pancake if you were looking for a breakfast/brunch/lunch spot.

I ended up drinking beer last night -- one of these:

Film by jwa04, on Flickr

I'm not normally into fruit beers, but this one was pretty crisp rather than sweet, and was perfect for the first kinda muggy day of the year.

This also came in the mail -- should keep me busy for awhile.

Film by jwa04, on Flickr

I was hoping today was going to be good for some romps into the woods, but it's pretty dreary this morning, so I guess I'll have to see what the day brings.

We didn't know it about the beer before we got here, but we have certainly noticed a lot of breweries and pubs. Last night we were at American Flatbread for dinner and they had a great beer menu. We also passed the Skinny Pancake yesterday when we first walked down to the waterside. We took special note of it because one of our favorite places in Portland, ME was a place called The Merry Table, also a creperie, and we were so disappointed to find it closed the last time we were there. So we were kind of excited to find another one.

I'm not sure if we'll get there this time since we are leaving today, but I'm fairly certain we'll be back here. We hadn't been before, but it definitely suits us: beer, good food, water, lots of places to walk, record store (I got a Bowie album last night :) )

Thanks for the tips! And have some fun with your new goodies :)

@ KenC- What are you submitting? I'd wish you luck, but with your skill, you don't need any luck. (I hope you charged the group $10 for using your image in their ad.)

Thanks, Gary. I submitted the one that's shown on the site and a couple of others, including this one, taken in Wissahickon Creek

rocks&water 081614.jpg

... and no, I didn't charge them - this is a non-profit, so they actually get a donation in the form of an entry fee. They're a great group of people, so I don't mind helping to support the place.

Welp, I decided I don't have space for all of those cameras. I bought them more to get at the Rollei and one of the the Retinas. Bought the other Retina IIa for parts (both work perfectly, as it turns out), and the IIIc, Minox, and Voigtlander to see if I liked using them (normally not big on folders, but always wanted to play with a Voigtlander). I gave the Bantam Special to my wife, who's a Kodak collector. I've never seen a box for a Bantam Special before, and this one came with the box AND ready-case.

Currently, out of those seven, the Rollei and a IIa are loaded with film. I think those (and the Bantam) are the keepers. I didn't really like the Minox, the winder on the IIIc was located on the bottom (not too big on that), and the Voigtlander really turned out to not be my thing.

Mornin (barely), hosers. Selling more cameras. Didn't like using the Retina II (my sight sucks and I have somewhat severe double vision in my right eye and less severe in my left, so looking through that tiny rangefinder isn't easy), but I have a feeling it's an outstanding performer and I like the way it looks, so I'll keep one of the two. I REALLY wanna find the Retina II (not IIa) that I have a box for, so we'll see if I can dig that up. I'd also love to get my grubby mitts on the Berning Robots they have.

Gee and when I saw the picture I thought how cool it would be if that little Bantam would've hopped out the window and flown south (and stopped when it got to my house! lol). I just had been looking at one online a camera store had so it was priced accordingly not 30 bucks you lucky booger! I love art deco Kodaks.

Congrats Ken! those are both beautifully done. And yeah, the fee is the fee... I mean, galleries and art centers have to stay in business if we want to have someplace to submit and display our art.

image.jpg

The before pix of the Tri-Tip.

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. Gary had another dinner party here last night. Gary served citrus and herb marinaded chicked from the Kamado, Santa Maria and packed in herb style Tri-Tip in the smoker, homemade Sangria to start (packed with strawberries, grapes, oranges and pineapple), rice, garlic bread, salad from the garden, with a Doffo Malbec and finished with a nice port.

Most reactions

Back