Ah yes. Fish for Christmas. One of my brothers-in-law is of Portuguese origin (by way of the Azores), and we were often invited to his family's Christmas meals. Quite different from traditional western fare, with lots of fish and other things (calamari in tomato sauce, breaded calamari, and things I wasn't sure about but they all tasted delicious) that "normally" wouldn't show up on our tables. Oh, and lots of various types of baked goods (sorry Leonore, I was told the various names of what we ate, but being the cultural heathen that I was, all I can say is that it was all delicious). And about ten times more food than people available to eat it. My brother-in-law is a very good cook, and occasionally he still makes some of the stuff his mother used to make, but he considers it "home" food and not good enough to entertain the guests with. Much to our disappointment.