What's new

The Coffee House

Students are alreadyemailing me for their grades. Um, what part of Thursday EVENING did they not understand? Oh yes, it seems that EVENING is the word that tripped them up.

Le sigh.

Tell them you'll grade their requests for correctness, grammatical and temporal, and factor that in to the final grade.

Oh lord, do you know how many of them would fail? :laughing:

Here is a recent email:
Hey teacher why I get 0 in my reader. Response

Sent from my iPhone

But the sometimes, I'm pleasantly surprised:
Respected Professor,
Can you please tell me the best available time to sign the progress report for me.

Yours Faithfully
[Full name]
Academic Writing 2

Most are somewhere in between.
 
I suppose the ones who send messages like the first one can't be doing very well in any case.

Someone told me a couple of years ago that he refused to answer texts from his teenage kids unless they wrote complete sentences and didn't use internet abbreviations. Since they inevitably wanted something from him, they got their act together.
 
Evening, Hosers. Skipped coffee today! I've been guzzling bottled water by the butt-load, probably 6 bottles a day! Had shoulder therapy today, new exercises and a new machine workout. Wanted to walk, but it's rained for 2 days now. Supper at Chili's, rib-eye, medium rare. I get a haircut tomorrow, then Monday I'm off to Little Rock for a couple of weeks. Taking cameras, hope the weather cooperates.
 
Watcha doing in Little Rock?

In a little over an hour, I'll be on the train heading into Grand Central. Going to see a couple of photo exhibitions and take some of those picture thingies that Ken was talking about the other day. Seemed interesting, so I thought I'd give it a try ;)
 
Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. Yesterday I went to two little camera stores for some chemicals. One had D-76 and Fixer but no Photoflo ... so I said forget it ... the other had nada, but was willing to order it for me and I could drop by the next day ... another forget it. Today I'll drive down to Samy's in Costa Mesa and get everything at one time.

Yeah snerd, what's in Little Rock. ,,, Maybe Leo and I should go too...

Leo, tell Buzz there is a firmware upgrade for the XE1:

Digital Camera Firmware : Interchangeable Camera Body / Lens | Fujifilm Global

G
 
I thought PhotoFlo was no big deal. Unless I'm way off base, just a drop of liquid soap should do it.
 
I thought PhotoFlo was no big deal. Unless I'm way off base, just a drop of liquid soap should do it.
While I've heard that ... I've never tried it. I don't want to find out I used too big of a drop or too little of a drop and now I have dried on soapy residue or a ton of regular, vanilla residue.
 
The Cook and I are back from out walk. 48F this morning ... I even shrouded my hand with gloves. Should hit the mid 60's later.
 
Last edited:
I thought PhotoFlo was no big deal. Unless I'm way off base, just a drop of liquid soap should do it.
While I've heard that ... I've never tried it. I don't want to find out I used too big of a drop or too little of a drop and now I have dried on soapy residue or a ton of regular, vanilla residue.

I always hated PhotoFlo. What I did was to soak the film in distilled water for a minute after it was washed and then hang and squeegee off the excess water. The distilled water contains no minerals (or anything other than water, pretty much), so there are no spots when it dries. You can get distilled water in most supermarkets.
 
I thought PhotoFlo was no big deal. Unless I'm way off base, just a drop of liquid soap should do it.
While I've heard that ... I've never tried it. I don't want to find out I used too big of a drop or too little of a drop and now I have dried on soapy residue or a ton of regular, vanilla residue.

I always hated PhotoFlo. What I did was to soak the film in distilled water for a minute after it was washed and then hang and squeegee off the excess water. The distilled water contains no minerals (or anything other than water, pretty much), so there are no spots when it dries. You can get distilled water in most supermarkets.
I am used to working fast, so it was always photoflo ... I have an RO system installed here at the house, that should work almost as well as distilled, except for the dissolved solids. I gotta think about this ... a drop of soap and distilled ...
 
Tio, I use distilled water and one small drop of Jet Dry in the final rise and don't squeegee. Never had issues.
 
My photos turn out about the same whether I use distilled water or old dishwater. :(
 
I have been thinking about this song all day. Maybe it was because we had kielbasa for dinner last night. ;)

 
Want some beer with that?

 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom