The Coffee House

Good day hosers!

Interesting how some people cannot look any further than their little world and consider everything a tad outside as wrong or worthless. For me personally diversity is at first interesting.

How do you deal with people who are very dufferent from yourself?

I grew up just outside of NYC, which is a very diverse area as you probably know. So for my entire life, I have have been around people who are not like me. And because my parents are immigrants, I was, in fact, considered the "different" one to many people. I was always fascinated by "the new kid" and always tried to befriend them as far as I could, given that I'm quite shy around new people. When we had foreign exchange students, I was definitely part of the welcome wagon. My whole career has been working with immigrants (or, for a while, being an immigrant myself and working with the locals! ;) ) To this day, I feel more comfortable in a room full of different nationalities than I do in a room full of all the same people.

So I too have a hard time understanding why people are so fearful of those who are different from themselves.

IMG_2185.JPG

iPhone

After a long day of yard work and Putin' up lights. Gary and Mary Lou are relaxing in the patio listening to hummers clucking and KUSC on the stereo.

You know you live in a small town when...
DSC_4581.jpg
DSC_4581.jpg

Okay... they were actually riding drag on the Santa Parade which had just finished, but...

I wish I had the strength to savour wine in the frequency and quality I see here. Currently I cannot bear wine well. Pity. I have a lot of good wine in my cellar and love to drink with friends & family. To everyone's health!!!

You know you live in a small town when...
DSC_4581.jpg
DSC_4581.jpg

Okay... they were actually riding drag on the Santa Parade which had just finished, but...

You never see horses with lights around their necks here. Pity!

Here, you rarely see horses. Unless they are going around ovals.

Morning Hosers!!!!

Countdown to our big 27 person Christmas dinner: 20 days. Yours truly is cooking/hosting/planning for the whole crew.
On the to do list:
finish decorating the house
get the guest room ready
have the fireplace cleaned
find the Christmas cd's that I put away last year in a special place so they would not get lost - of course I now have no idea where that is
finalize the menu: beef tenderloin with a red wine reduction sauce, potatoes au gratin, ...???? need new side dishes for this year - suggestions?
order the meat
restock the booze cabinet
make sure I have enough forks!
pick up the extra tables and chairs from my brother's house or talk my nephew into bringing them down from NH for me
make the desserts: mini salted caramel mousse and chocolate brownie trifles, Boston cream cake, mini strawberry shortcakes
enjoy our nice quiet house the week before the holidays!!!!

Asparagus with cheese sauce, cranberry chutney (with or without pomegranate vodka) , pasta, mozzarella and tomato salad, roasted red pepper soup.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back