What's new

The Coffee House

  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #271
That does sound like a tough two days...but the other five days, and all summer off? :thumbyo:

This semester, My Wednesdays are also 11-8, but just one class in the evening. And I teach on Friday morning as well. T and Th off. Next semester, I won't have the Friday class - it will be on Wed, so thus the two really long days with three days off. The two-day work week is certainly nice.

As for the summer, well it is nice to have time away from teaching, but what you may not realize is that I am adjunct faculty, not a public school teacher. If I don't work in the summer, I don't get paid. And even during the semesters when I am getting paychecks, I only get paid for my classroom hours. All the grading and planning that I do at home doesn't get compensated.

So those days off? I need those for the other jobs that I have to have to keep myself above the poverty line.
all the teachers around here are union, cut out on early days and since the kids all have computers and ipads they use in class now basically hangout at the front desk just watching.
 
how come the best photographers on this site never post anything??
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #276
Sure they do. There are plenty of photos posted by them - take a look through the POTM pages.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #280
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #282
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #284
I would bow out.



Maybe.
 
I actually HAVE something in mind that would be a good one, I think. But I only have my cell phone with me today and this is one that definitely needs a macro lens to do the closeup.

I'm about to go heat up lunch, so I'll look and see what I can find.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom