What's new

The Coffee House

  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #286
Actually, I've removed (and replaced) enough of them that I'm sure I'd get it; even if they had those little flags on them.
 
I actually HAVE something in mind that would be a good one, I think. But I only have my cell phone with me today and this is one that definitely needs a macro lens to do the closeup.

I'm about to go heat up lunch, so I'll look and see what I can find.
leave my pee pee out of this!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #290
I am playing with time releases again (ControlMyNikon trial) but the only activities are the wind chimes gently swaying in the intermittent breeze and Zoe stretching in the window sill. The landscapers should have been here, but apparently had better places to be.
 
Well, one class is done and now I'm at my admin job, which means I am bored to tears and annoyed by everyone.

Good times.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #292
We need a "Partial Like." Make up creative secret nicknames for the more "challenging" students, staff & faculty.
 
We need a "Partial Like." Make up creative secret nicknames for the more "challenging" students, staff & faculty.

You mean Jamming Jammer can't just be used for everyone? ;)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #294
We need a "Partial Like." Make up creative secret nicknames for the more "challenging" students, staff & faculty.

You mean Jamming Jammer can't just be used for everyone? ;)

As a general population, yes, but you want to identify individuals.:801:
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #295
I believe that is a trick table servers use to remember what each person ordered, like "pig face in red shirt gets the baconzilla burger, blue hair bitty in (1970s) gunny sack has the string bean salad and iced tea, and elephant ears has the fajita special."
 
I believe that is a trick table servers use to remember what each person ordered, like "pig face in red shirt gets the baconzilla burger, blue hair bitty in (1970s) gunny sack has the string bean salad and iced tea, and elephant ears has the fajita special."

Yeah, I've used that trick at times. My memory also tends to be quite visual, so it often helps to include the person's location at the table. When I'm learning student names, in the first few weeks, I'll get confused if someone changes seats - at least until I associate the name firmly with the face instead of the location of the seat.

Also to that end, I've been known to put little notes next to the students' name - fin hair, dumbass backwards cap, ugly sweater...
 
Heh...I'm grading some papers (yes, I'm at my other job, but I'm here for 4 hours and I've only got about 30 minutes of work to do) and a student just wrote that he wants to be an EMT to "help and service people."

A happy ending to your ambulance ride? ;)
 
Writing papers are hard.

If I had to write a paper right now I'd fail horribly.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #299
Heh...I'm grading some papers (yes, I'm at my other job, but I'm here for 4 hours and I've only got about 30 minutes of work to do) and a student just wrote that he wants to be an EMT to "help and service people."

A happy ending to your ambulance ride? ;)

LOL - a real "hands on" type, eh? Nickname that one "sneezy" or "sniffles"
 
Heh...I'm grading some papers (yes, I'm at my other job, but I'm here for 4 hours and I've only got about 30 minutes of work to do) and a student just wrote that he wants to be an EMT to "help and service people."

A happy ending to your ambulance ride? ;)
That is hilarious.

How do you typically respond to those types of errors? (Unless it's not an error! :confused-55:)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom