What's new

The Coffee House

I like roses; I'll take those, and Marija can have whatever flowers she prefers. If she likes flowers.
Roses remind me of my grandmother. :D
it's a deal!
 
got to go... work... promotion of some projects results...

hairdresser later... enjoying that!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #258
I like roses; I'll take those, and Marija can have whatever flowers she prefers. If she likes flowers.
Roses remind me of my grandmother. :D
Done. You and Lenny can share the roses. There are more (I added a link).

Awww. That's OK. What kind of flowers do you like, if any?
strelitzia was the first I had in mind

I like flowers like like hm like... well... almost everything except some ;)

It might be hard for me to find some of those around here so I'll have to see what else I can come up with. I have some Black-Eyed Susans and some Cherry blossoms and this (whatever it is)
1370799202u2yhi.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #259
Bye. See you later.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #261
See you in a couple minutes!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #262
Good morning, Lenny.
 
It might be hard for me to find some of those around here so I'll have to see what else I can come up with. I have some Black-Eyed Susans and some Cherry blossoms and this (whatever it is)
1370799202u2yhi.jpg

Whatever that is, it's pretty but mostly, I just really like the picture :)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #264
It might be hard for me to find some of those around here so I'll have to see what else I can come up with. I have some Black-Eyed Susans and some Cherry blossoms and this (whatever it is)
1370799202u2yhi.jpg

Whatever that is, it's pretty but mostly, I just really like the picture :)

:blush: Thank you. I took it at the US Botanical Gardens a while back. I think I see something different every time I go there.
 
Morning Charlie. How's your day looking?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #266
Home, as usual on Mondays, but I have a spreadsheet to work on for the office. I could send it on as it is, but I want to make it easier to read.
 
Nice and mellow.

Mondays are my busiest days. Class from 11-1, admin crap from 1-5, class from 6-8-ish (technically until 8:20 but I don't give them a break and we leave early instead, so anywhere between 8-8:10 is when we usually leave.)

I'm going to have a similar schedule next semester, though it will start at 10 instead of 11, and it will be repeated on Wednesday. The good news is that I will have the other days off! Plenty of grading and that is always stressful, but at least I can do that work at home.
 
Nice and mellow.

Mondays are my busiest days. Class from 11-1, admin crap from 1-5, class from 6-8-ish (technically until 8:20 but I don't give them a break and we leave early instead, so anywhere between 8-8:10 is when we usually leave.)

I'm going to have a similar schedule next semester, though it will start at 10 instead of 11, and it will be repeated on Wednesday. The good news is that I will have the other days off! Plenty of grading and that is always stressful, but at least I can do that work at home.
That does sound like a tough two days...but the other five days, and all summer off? :thumbyo:
 
That does sound like a tough two days...but the other five days, and all summer off? :thumbyo:

This semester, My Wednesdays are also 11-8, but just one class in the evening. And I teach on Friday morning as well. T and Th off. Next semester, I won't have the Friday class - it will be on Wed, so thus the two really long days with three days off. The two-day work week is certainly nice.

As for the summer, well it is nice to have time away from teaching, but what you may not realize is that I am adjunct faculty, not a public school teacher. If I don't work in the summer, I don't get paid. And even during the semesters when I am getting paychecks, I only get paid for my classroom hours. All the grading and planning that I do at home doesn't get compensated.

So those days off? I need those for the other jobs that I have to have to keep myself above the poverty line.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom