What's new

The Coffee House

Also a tomato and some of Gary's Homemade Pesto Sauce. Gary took his first bite ... Gary wishes you were here.

Yah, I'd be all over that. You would have had to made two... I had corn flakes for dinner.
 
cats have their own ideas, always. Fight for your rights as a human being, Leo!

Well, as much as I don't want to go through the actual process, finishing the root canal kinda is fighting for my rights...to not be in pain...or toothless. I just wish I could send my clone to sit through the procedure while I just sit here and feel my tooth be magically fixed.


I thought there was trouble with your plumbing. Truth is your teeth ache badly and you have to go through I painful procedure. Poor Leo!!!
 
I can't see very well in the morning.
So a lot of my typing is by memory.
The coffee is hardly ever the same from day to day. But it's particularly bad this morning. Oh well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
cats have their own ideas, always. Fight for your rights as a human being, Leo!

Well, as much as I don't want to go through the actual process, finishing the root canal kinda is fighting for my rights...to not be in pain...or toothless. I just wish I could send my clone to sit through the procedure while I just sit here and feel my tooth be magically fixed.


I thought there was trouble with your plumbing. Truth is your teeth ache badly and you have to go through I painful procedure. Poor Leo!!!

Ah yes, a root canal is a dental procedure :) And thankfully, the worst is over. Was in the chair for 2 hours yesterday. To be fair, about 20 minutes of that was waiting, but the rest of it wasn't. But now the root is dead and I have a temporary crown (a cap for the shaved-down tooth) and just have to wait for the permanent crown to be finished.

I can't see very well in the morning.
So a lot of my typing is by memory.
The coffee is hardly ever the same from day to day. But it's particularly bad this morning. Oh well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

In a pinch, coffee is coffee and will still deliver the goods, but man does it suck to have to drink bad coffee. Sorry, Dave. May tomorrow's cup be spectacular! :)
 
I can't see very well in the morning.
So a lot of my typing is by memory.
The coffee is hardly ever the same from day to day. But it's particularly bad this morning. Oh well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

In a pinch, coffee is coffee and will still deliver the goods, but man does it suck to have to drink bad coffee. Sorry, Dave. May tomorrow's cup be spectacular! :)
Bad coffee sucks.

The wife and I have been having iced coffee with a splash of pumpkin spice creamer. However, the air temps are getting colder. Might be time to move back to hot coffee.
 
Does anyone on here play cornhole?

A lot of people in the area like playing it, and I can't get into it.
 
Quick break at work. Normally leave the phone in the truck. Didn't today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
But now the root is dead and I have a temporary crown

Word of advise if they didn't tell you. Be very careful of the foods you eat until the permanent crown is on. After the expense and aggravation of the root canal, I bit down on something and the tooth split right down the middle, two days before they were scheduled to install the permanent crown.
 
I can't see very well in the morning.
So a lot of my typing is by memory.
The coffee is hardly ever the same from day to day. But it's particularly bad this morning. Oh well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

In a pinch, coffee is coffee and will still deliver the goods, but man does it suck to have to drink bad coffee. Sorry, Dave. May tomorrow's cup be spectacular! :)
Bad coffee sucks.

The wife and I have been having iced coffee with a splash of pumpkin spice creamer. However, the air temps are getting colder. Might be time to move back to hot coffee.

It definitely sucks. In fact, mine isn't that great this morning. Was running late, so I waited until I got to work to make a cup in my Keurig. It's not my favorite thing to do but I have the reusable cups and use my own coffee, and can manage the water level, so I'm usually able to make a passable cup.

Today, I was at the end of a bag of coffee and I think it had gone kinda stale, so my first cup was kinda meh. But the second cup is from the new bag, so here's hoping! :D

I can't do flavored creamers. Ever since I weaned myself from sugar in college, anything sweet in coffee makes me want to spit it out. I went to college in the late 80s/early 90s and that's when flavored coffees really hit. I used to enjoy hazelnut or cinnamon (back when that meant simply adding cinnamon to the grounds ;) ) but I got bored of that pretty quickly and was over it by the time I got to grad school.
 
But now the root is dead and I have a temporary crown

Word of advise if they didn't tell you. Be very careful of the foods you eat until the permanent crown is on. After the expense and aggravation of the root canal, I bit down on something and the tooth split right down the middle, two days before they were scheduled to install the permanent crown.

Ouch! Thanks for the warning. It's actually not my first time at the rodeo (this is my 3rd root canal and 4th crown) but it's always good to get a reminder! :) They did warn me not to chew anything sticky on that side because it could pull the temporary crown off.
 
I spend significantly more time than reasonable to make sure that my coffee is never bad, and it still sometimes is. Today, it's great though.

I might even be getting ready to upgrade my roasting equipment. The Macgyver'd rig I've been using doesn't like running in cold air, so I'm thinking about buying a real roaster that has some filtering so I can run it inside.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom