The Coffee House

Root canal, part deux this afternoon, hosers.

do-not-want-cat-cats-kitten-kitty-pic-picture-funny-lolcat-cute-fun-lovely-photo-images.jpg

cats have their own ideas, always. Fight for your rights as a human being, Leo!

cats have their own ideas, always. Fight for your rights as a human being, Leo!

Well, as much as I don't want to go through the actual process, finishing the root canal kinda is fighting for my rights...to not be in pain...or toothless. I just wish I could send my clone to sit through the procedure while I just sit here and feel my tooth be magically fixed.

Ugh - my own dentist has been smiling and promising me one for the last couple of visits, apparently letting me enjoy my last couple of years before he decides it's time to pounce. Unlike you, though, nothing is bothering me, so it all sounds like clinical far-away-ness. <--- Which is in fact an obscure medical term.

Good luck - hope you sail through it!

The worst parts are

1) Feeling like they are trying to push your head off your neck whilst all the blood is heading to your head whilst they are drilling/probing/pushing/jabbing and generally abusing your mouth with those pointy tools of torture.

2) The ache in your jaw after the first 5 mins of holding it open

3) That little bit of tooth/material/whatever that gets stuck against your tongue that you can't quite get rid of without chocking yourself so you just keep your tongue closing off your throat whilst it irritates you

4) The strange language they speak to themselves about what's going on in your mouth - you've no idea what it means save that the more they talk the more chances that there's more to come

5) The after effects of ache in your head and when you go to eat something and find that your jaw ahs swollen a bit so that you can't open it fully (not to mention most of it being numb and half of it very tender)

But its worth it for the release from the throbbing torment of tooth pain (that always strikes worse in the evening before bed)

For me the worst part of the root canal is that 20' x 20' rubber dam thing they put in your mouth during the procedure. Sets my gag reflex on hyper mode.

I particularly enjoy the barbed wire roto rooter reaming of the nerve. The only one, and probably the last I will have. I felt the whole thing, couldn't get me numb enough. I had 6 canals in one tooth.

Seriously. I'm confused. Would 2 seconds at F8 be enough? There was light but not nearly enough. I might have made notes but I'd have to get out from under this ceiling fan and go put to the garage to search and that ain't happening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ugh - my own dentist has been smiling and promising me one for the last couple of visits, apparently letting me enjoy my last couple of years before he decides it's time to pounce. Unlike you, though, nothing is bothering me, so it all sounds like clinical far-away-ness. <--- Which is in fact an obscure medical term.

Good luck - hope you sail through it!

I had my first root canal because I ignored the problem of a small chip in a back tooth that eventually developed a cavity big enough that it required the root canal. I am now freaked out about leaving even small problems unresolved.

At least this being my third one over the past 15 years or so, I at least knew what to expect. Not that it's a walk in the park (see Overread's post below!) but the anticipation - especially of the first one - is worse.

And for now, the worst is over (hopefully) and now I just wait for the permanent crown to be finished.

The worst parts are

1) Feeling like they are trying to push your head off your neck whilst all the blood is heading to your head whilst they are drilling/probing/pushing/jabbing and generally abusing your mouth with those pointy tools of torture.

2) The ache in your jaw after the first 5 mins of holding it open

3) That little bit of tooth/material/whatever that gets stuck against your tongue that you can't quite get rid of without chocking yourself so you just keep your tongue closing off your throat whilst it irritates you

4) The strange language they speak to themselves about what's going on in your mouth - you've no idea what it means save that the more they talk the more chances that there's more to come

5) The after effects of ache in your head and when you go to eat something and find that your jaw ahs swollen a bit so that you can't open it fully (not to mention most of it being numb and half of it very tender)

But its worth it for the release from the throbbing torment of tooth pain (that always strikes worse in the evening before bed)

Amen to every single word!

For me the worst part of the root canal is that 20' x 20' rubber dam thing they put in your mouth during the procedure. Sets my gag reflex on hyper mode.

My dentist in college used one of those, but I've never had another dentist use those dental dams. I don't remember having a problem with it, but who knows why. Maybe it was fine for teeth closer to the front, but this was the last tooth on the bottom right (not my wisdom tooth - those came out a few years ago) so I bet it would have been uncomfortable.

I particularly enjoy the barbed wire roto rooter reaming of the nerve. The only one, and probably the last I will have. I felt the whole thing, couldn't get me numb enough. I had 6 canals in one tooth.

MM7Y3_s-200x150.gif

Yep, (no sauce so technically a flatbread), whole wheat crust stuffed with herbs and peppers, more peppers on top, Spanish olives, marinated artichoke hearts, basil , cheeses and roasted chicken.

Yep, (no sauce so technically a flatbread), whole wheat crust stuffed with herbs and peppers, more peppers on top, Spanish olives, marinated artichoke hearts, basil , cheeses and roasted chicken.

Never heard of such a thing. I like it...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back