What's new

The Coffee House

IMG_3408.webp
 
G'night JC.

Today's UV index was 'get in the AC already'. Cold weather is on its way. OK, cooler weather, I now have snow on the brain.
 
Soon Davey must go earn a buck or three.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
@Gary A. Fried beef liver and onions are good, as are chicken livers deep fried or grilled.
 
I have to get some leather conditioner because the case is in bad shape. It needs batteries, too. I'm going to try the #18 wire and batteries trick with the smaller diameter 675 batteries, first. I bought film and the Vivitar flash to work so I'm ready. I need to go to one of the fire stations to drop off a DVD of maps, so i might take advantage of that.
 
Mine was bought new by my father when they first came out. It's traveled more around the world then I have LOL
 
This one belonged to the GIS Boss's wife. He convinced her to sell it to me for about half of eBay prices.
 
This one belonged to the GIS Boss's wife. He convinced her to sell it to me for about half of eBay prices.

I saw a few at Wings (neat camera store in Atlanta) last trip ranging from $250, to as much as $400.
 
SCORE!!!!!!!

Walking around the RV Resort and spotted this in the junk truck. The telescope needs a little work and cleaning, but even without it, i can always use another heavy tripod. Also picked up 2 square aluminum tubes 10' long that will make great booms. Did I mention it was FREE :1219::1219::1219:

20170928_084918.webp
 
This one belonged to the GIS Boss's wife. He convinced her to sell it to me for about half of eBay prices.

I saw a few at Wings (neat camera store in Atlanta) last trip ranging from $250, to as much as $400.

$100. I think I got a great deal; I ran a roll through it a couple of weeks ago, so I know it works (except meter until I get the batteries)
 
SCORE!!!!!!!

Walking around the RV Resort and spotted this in the junk truck. The telescope needs a little work and cleaning, but even without it, i can always use another heavy tripod. Also picked up 2 square aluminum tubes 10' long that will make great booms. Did I mention it was FREE :1219::1219::1219:

View attachment 147388

You suck*

* Term used on one of the old (Usenet) woodworking newsgroups for someone that got a great deal.
 
Dave wishes he had $100 and could find a nice Nikon for that $100. He sees the chances of that being right up there with time travel. He is puzzling on how he used to take night shots at 30 seconds F8.
Never had a bulb or cable release. Nether the AE-1s nor the EOS650 have anything over 2 seconds. Maybe the brain is fried.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
today I made plum wraps for a school event tomorrow ... not exactly vegetarian but as a saying from the time of the Spanish Inquisition goes: "properly prepared pork converted more than fire and sword"

smalledit_DSC_2216_.webp


@Gary A. This is Californian sun wrapped in German pork. Dried plums from: SSGL, Marysville 95901 California, USA
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom