What's new

The Coffee House

The neighbors have bigger AC problem then ours. Between that and a refrigerator their floor is about half rotten.
Our problem is water going into the connector duct. The floors are fine.
Sure looks beautiful out the back window.
Just saw a squirrel bounding along.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Gary has had a lifetime of big city, noise, confusion, people, talking, smells, et cetera. He is thinking of moving to Germany and running Frank's farm, once he gets it. Yep, Maggie and Gary.
 
Last edited:
I could see these popping up at football game tailgate parties. Maybe I should inquire about a franchise????? Inflatable Pub™ USA - For Sale and Rental
lol ...

Gary remembers going to an SC game at the Coliseum and passing a block of Cardinal & Gold Rolls Royces, the count was in the teens, all lined up along the curb of the closest parking lot to the field, tailgates down ... having a great time.

So smoke665, screw that inflatable crap ... but if you want to open up a Rolls lot, paint and market them to schools across the country, all decked out with folding BBQ's and bars in the trunk. Give me a call, I'm in!
 
Guess they'll inflate anything.

I liked working in the city and like living near a city but being way out with the farmers and the chickens. With a medium sized town a 10 minute drive for essentials like doctors & pharmacies and a beer & pop drive thru and MickeyD's.

And hockey starts tonight! Winnipeg @ Toronto, then Calgary @ Edmonton for the late game.
 
@Gary A. I thought it was funny that on the news tonight they were showing the options. One of which was an inflatable couch or inflatable beds for those "who celebrate a little to much???"
 
We're in a very small city that's more like a small town. I can walk to our downtown area (on sidewalks) in about 10 minutes for restaurants, shopping, errands etc. Most of the schools are within walking distance. In the other direction is a fairly large mall that is about a 15 minute walk. I know a lot of people in town (been here 17 years) from the schools, softball league, my church and volunteer work plus we try to utilize local businesses whenever possible. I could not walk for more than 5 minutes without seeing someone I know at least casually. I enjoy the social aspects of a tightly knit community. Maybe because I work mostly at home and via computer so don't get a lot of that from work.

To Gary's point, we are 20 minutes from the beach, 1 hour from Maine, 2 hours in various directions will get you to Cape Cod, NH mountains or Berkshires and a quick train or uber from Downtown Boston. Farm country is a bit further out - Western Mass which, while not technically another state, really should be. It's nice to have options. If we could skip winter, it would be perfect. When I retire and become a snow bird, it will be.

Wade - if I'm not in the mood for chitchat I just nod and say how are you but don't break pace. Everyone knows that's the universal sign for on a mission don't bother me.

Exactly my situation. Bonn is only 320.000 people. People know me from work, voluntary and paid for, church, school, kindergarden, city planning .....

And I work in my home office most of the time, so very similar situation ...

And signalling if you are ready to talk or not in just the same way ...great

320k population is huge! My city has just under 28k as of the 2016 census.
 
Just under 300,000 here. Smaller city I'm from that's nearby is 60,000. Village I live in is 700 or so, they haven't changed the sign in 20 years so apparently nobody ever leaves. The last power outage said 1500 which maybe included the chickens.
 
We're in a very small city that's more like a small town. I can walk to our downtown area (on sidewalks) in about 10 minutes for restaurants, shopping, errands etc. Most of the schools are within walking distance. In the other direction is a fairly large mall that is about a 15 minute walk. I know a lot of people in town (been here 17 years) from the schools, softball league, my church and volunteer work plus we try to utilize local businesses whenever possible. I could not walk for more than 5 minutes without seeing someone I know at least casually. I enjoy the social aspects of a tightly knit community. Maybe because I work mostly at home and via computer so don't get a lot of that from work.

To Gary's point, we are 20 minutes from the beach, 1 hour from Maine, 2 hours in various directions will get you to Cape Cod, NH mountains or Berkshires and a quick train or uber from Downtown Boston. Farm country is a bit further out - Western Mass which, while not technically another state, really should be. It's nice to have options. If we could skip winter, it would be perfect. When I retire and become a snow bird, it will be.

Wade - if I'm not in the mood for chitchat I just nod and say how are you but don't break pace. Everyone knows that's the universal sign for on a mission don't bother me.

Exactly my situation. Bonn is only 320.000 people. People know me from work, voluntary and paid for, church, school, kindergarden, city planning .....

And I work in my home office most of the time, so very similar situation ...

And signalling if you are ready to talk or not in just the same way ...great

320k population is huge! My city has just under 28k as of the 2016 census.


I guess we must be 15k to 20k in our quarter...
 
Last edited:
About 50,000 in La Mirada ... but there's no gaps between cities in LA County and Orange County until you hit the edges north for LA and East for Orange. Traffic sucks. Gary is moving to Germany.
 
About ten million in Los Angeles County. Traffic sucks. Gary is moving to Germany and taking the pooch.
 
Last edited:
here's no gaps between cities in LA County

We have the same here in our county. The main city, Gadsden, has held around 35,000 for the last several years. However the metro area is comprised of 5 more cities surrounding it that as Gary said there aren't any gaps from one to the other. The Metro area is right at 70,000. Our largest growth has been in the rural areas of the county.
 
If the planning committee weren’t here and very careful with what’s permitted, our town would explode with over developing and population would triple in a year. Everyone wants in. There are a total of 10 properties on the market and at least 5 have agreements. Rentals are scarce and very expensive (relative to nearby towns). It’s a nice situation for sellers and anyone who’s staying. Moving up or down sizing and staying here is next to impossible. One Princess graduates college (8 years), I’ll sell and find a nice condo or small cottage by the beach.
 
25000 here in a city of 10 square miles. Only catch is that half of that is water.

I don’t mind living in a city, but we are a very small one. We’ll be moving in the next couple years, and we will be looking for a house with at least a half acre of land probably. You can do that here, but we can’t really afford a mansion in the water so we will probably move to one of the neighboring towns.
 
Just got the property tax bill in today on the house and land. After the homestead exemption, the bill was $697. Another reason to like living in Bama.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom