What's new

The Coffee House

Y'all ought to try Gary's coconut milk mint ice cream with chocolate bits ... it would make you a believer.


Currently I believe that my health and feeling well is better in a life without sugar
Living life without "refined" sugar is a good thing, but especially for you, as your health/metabolism is the exception to the norm. With Gary's sorbets and ice creams, he has been cutting down on the sugar content of the recipe. He is now down to sugar content about half of what the recipe calls out and the results still taste yummy.

I get my very few sugars from fresh fruit in smoothies, other carbohydrates I receive from chick peas which contain roughly 60% of these plus a lot of other healthy and tasty stuff.

I miss bread with butter and honey. Butter alone is not so tasty. No marmalade and no honey even only the lowest possible amount of dried fruit.

I love dates and figs and raisins....

Currently I search for a guideline to which food I should and should not eat in the future to stay healthy and without medication.

Normal doctors are not helpful. Chronical Desease and Autoimmune disorders are still far beyond their horizon.
 
If I knew that taking a walk meant talking to a bunch of people, I'd never leave the house.

Preach, sistah! :lol: I live in a small town now, but am just outside its city limits in a suburb. So I'm closer to neighbors than I'd like, but since the county is rather rural otherwise, it's easy to get away. Still, my early morning (6:30-7) walk around the subdivision is the one I dread the most because of the friendly overtures of dog-walkers and other people walkers around. When I stagger out the door it's usually still half dark, I'm groggy, and I sometimes glance down to make sure I'm actually dressed - I'm not in the mood to chat.

Overall, I do love living in the SE USA, aside from the occasional killer heat of late summer. We're 4 hours from the ocean, less than an hour from the mountains, and less than an hour from the big city with its sterling restaurants, museums and shows.

And for the first time living anywhere in my life - I can go out on my back deck and see the freakin' Milky Way - like a rainbow of stars across the sky. Star action out here is unsurpassed. :586:
 
Dave COULD conceivably walk to work.
But walking along US59/I69 can be hazardous. We can faintly hear 59/69.
A little louder the railroad. Loudest of all crows and other birds.

Dave got 6 and 1/4 hours today. Went for propane (which ran out with over 2/3 Of the store to go).

Now Dave will look at penny rolls looking for the magic penny.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
02189A7D-BFE5-464A-8B73-C19A7E8CB201.webp
0CBFFF4E-F0A0-418C-85C4-6E1CB4132AA1.webp

Pinot Noir raisins.

@Frank: Gary grows raisins.
 
Hosers ... Miss Maggie has used the doggie door for the first time of her own volition.

PS- Gary just might keep her.

View attachment 147696
After a hard day at the office.
You better put a leash on her, or Miz Pixmedic is going to add her to the ferret zoo down in Florida!
791A4344-E4D2-4E06-B135-13208930DB51.webp

I dunno, when Ms. Maggie’s switch is turned to “ON” she is hard to capture with an iPhone. Only when her switch is turned to “OFF” is she ferret-like and floppy.
 
C'mon Gary, quit messin' around taking pictures and help get those grapes stomped!

 
We're in a very small city that's more like a small town. I can walk to our downtown area (on sidewalks) in about 10 minutes for restaurants, shopping, errands etc. Most of the schools are within walking distance. In the other direction is a fairly large mall that is about a 15 minute walk. I know a lot of people in town (been here 17 years) from the schools, softball league, my church and volunteer work plus we try to utilize local businesses whenever possible. I could not walk for more than 5 minutes without seeing someone I know at least casually. I enjoy the social aspects of a tightly knit community. Maybe because I work mostly at home and via computer so don't get a lot of that from work.

To Gary's point, we are 20 minutes from the beach, 1 hour from Maine, 2 hours in various directions will get you to Cape Cod, NH mountains or Berkshires and a quick train or uber from Downtown Boston. Farm country is a bit further out - Western Mass which, while not technically another state, really should be. It's nice to have options. If we could skip winter, it would be perfect. When I retire and become a snow bird, it will be.

Wade - if I'm not in the mood for chitchat I just nod and say how are you but don't break pace. Everyone knows that's the universal sign for on a mission don't bother me.

Exactly my situation. Bonn is only 320.000 people. People know me from work, voluntary and paid for, church, school, kindergarden, city planning .....

And I work in my home office most of the time, so very similar situation ...

And signalling if you are ready to talk or not in just the same way ...great
 
Yup. She turned 2 at the end of July. She started showing the readiness signs about a week before her brother was born. My wife decided to go for it today haha.
 
This too shall pass. Guess that could mean more than one thing,,,
 
I like the big city, noise, confusion, people, talking, smells, etc. I come home to get yelled at.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom