What's new

The Coffee House

Gary remembers going to an SC game at the Coliseum and passing a block of Cardinal & Gold Rolls Royces, the count was in the teens,

Phhhffftt! Here they're Prevost RV conversions painted crimson and white and BBQ is catered!!!:biglaugh:
 
Another of Axel and Purrahna coexisting.
20171004_183209.webp


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
My father in law gave me a half assed apology today. I told him I am looking for another job after last night. He was real bummed. I have an interview in Chicago tomorrow at 2:00 pm. They are flying me in. I suspect I will be offered the job on the spot, full commission. I know the industry and have a customer that I can flip on a dime for 750k, easy in revenue. I may even move out after yesterday, taking baby girl with me.
 
Just got the property tax bill in today on the house and land. After the homestead exemption, the bill was $697. Another reason to like living in Bama.

The property tax bill I just paid on my wife's car was $775. We know how to tax here in CT.
 
Wow @jcdeboever I'm wishing you the best of luck - I think.
 
The property tax bill I just paid on my wife's car was $775. We know how to tax here in CT.

We still have ad valorem tax on the vehicles, seems like the new F350 was about $400, surprisingly the 5th wheel RV was still over $600. They tax vehicles differently by classification.[/QUOTE]
 
Yikes! Is this sales tax or excise tax?
 
@jc Deep breath. And breathe out. And again. Repeat until calm.
 
The property tax bill I just paid on my wife's car was $775. We know how to tax here in CT.

We still have ad valorem tax on the vehicles, seems like the new F350 was about $400, surprisingly the 5th wheel RV was still over $600. They tax vehicles differently by classification.

Yeah...my parents live in a town with a significantly lower tax rate, but I think their RV runs them close to $2k every year.

Yikes! Is this sales tax or excise tax?

Property Tax. CT is the only state in NE I think that does it. So I get a tax bill every July for my motor vehicles, just like I get one for my house. This one was through the leasing company for my wife's car, so it got delayed a bit.
 
Yikes! Is this sales tax or excise tax?

Sales tax is collected when you title the car. There's a 2% state tax and depending on the country/city there will be additional tax, usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 3.75-4%. Then each year including the first time you put a tag on the vehicle you pay ad valorem (property tax) based on the depreciated value of the vehicle.

Georgia does something different they charge you a "one time" (good for as long as you own the vehicle) ad valorem tax the first time you title a vehicle in the state, currently the rate is 7% of their appraised value of the vehicle.
 
If the planning committee weren’t here and very careful with what’s permitted, our town would explode with over developing and population would triple in a year. Everyone wants in. There are a total of 10 properties on the market and at least 5 have agreements. Rentals are scarce and very expensive (relative to nearby towns). It’s a nice situation for sellers and anyone who’s staying. Moving up or down sizing and staying here is next to impossible. One Princess graduates college (8 years), I’ll sell and find a nice condo or small cottage by the beach.
Welcome to California. Housing here is so ridiculous that the State Legislature is setting up a fund/legislation to help teachers qualify to purchase a home. The cost of housing is affecting education.
 
Apropos to nothing so ever, I have to get my truck inspected and registered this month.
My windshield washer works only once in a great while. Might be troublesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
There is a sales tax on vehicles at purchase. An operational tax when the car is licensed and registered and a ton of extra gasoline tax which is collected solely for roads. Telsa is kicking the State's Butt on the gas tax.
 
@jc Deep breath. And breathe out. And again. Repeat until calm.
I am calm. Thanks. I am not important to these people, very clear. I am just a revenue maker for them. They can't argue it either based on their repeated actions. I am such an idiot. At least I protected my money this time.
 
Apropos to nothing so ever, I have to get my truck inspected and registered this month.
My windshield washer works only once in a great while. Might be troublesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The entire state of MA inspection system is wonky and most sites are not working right now. I saw on the news that I have a whole extra month to get my new inspection sticker.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom