What's new

The Coffee House

Go to your local Thai restaurant, tell them you aren’t scared of spice, and order the Tom Yum soup. It’ll solve all of your problems.
 
In other news, I've been really slacking when it comes to doing anything creative with my camera. It's fog season. I think I need to head down to my favorite river spots early tomorrow morning.
 
Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. Gary's world sucks right now. He has a bit of a bug and it it really getting him down. Last night the temps dropped down to about 50F but he got the sweats. He slept on the couch with Maggie, where he could bundle up without disturbing his better half. Gary's usual cup of steaming freshly ground siphoned coffee didn't taste good to him. In a coughing fit the pooch ran to the backyard and he spewed coffee across the table and floor. He cleaned up the mess while Maggie looked in through the sliding door. Gary has switched to tea and Emergen-C. Tiesta Tea, a herbal tea, quite tasty. Gary highly recommends it. This flavor is called Fireberry, a combo of "cranberry & hibiscus rooibos tea".

I can relate. I've been battling sinus/sore/scratchy throat since Saturday. I stayed home yesterday & today to get some bed rest & my usual OTC cocktail; it seems to working for the most part. I'm on a short break from bed to check emails and see what's going on in the virtual world. I've got the POTM voting template set up; I'll fill in the images and links this evening and get it posted.
 
Dave threw down a $20 for two 2x shirts.
She didn't have any. She had 3x which even after shrinkage would look like a circus tent. So he got one 1x.
He has quite a few pics to look through.
Gonna try something.
If it shows up upright it's my beautiful cousin. In the print she looks perfect.
If the phone didn't screw it up.
20171005_105123.webp


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
I truly don't get it. I can't get a picture to post upright.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
One more try
cfe42b59a72522c246268f1f9f0714a5.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

IIRC, I was having similar issues uploading shots from my phone (also a Samsung but a different model.) I wish I could remember the exact steps, but it had something to do with whether or not the camera was saving the image with location information. Try checking the details of the photo and making sure there is no location information saved, and then upload again.
 
One more try
cfe42b59a72522c246268f1f9f0714a5.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

IIRC, I was having similar issues uploading shots from my phone (also a Samsung but a different model.) I wish I could remember the exact steps, but it had something to do with whether or not the camera was saving the image with location information. Try checking the details of the photo and making sure there is no location information saved, and then upload again.
Also the orientation of the original shot on the phone may come into play. Take a look at that as well.
 
Are you two serious? It's not like I suggested "chicken broth, garlic, spinach, and a dash of cyanide" or anything. Sheesh. It's just soup, for crying out loud.
Gary would eat it if you suggested throwing a tri tip into the pot. ;)

But I'm surprised at the reaction, too! Garlic is not just lauded as an aromatic in cooking; it's been used literally for centuries for its side health benefits. (There are probably better articles out there than this one, but that was literally a 5 second google search.)

And spinach, as well as kale, is absolutely divine in soups, and the health benefits from our leafy greens shouldn't require any persuasion.

Geez... hope you don't think the only way to flavor a broth is with salt. Ginger is also stellar, though it imparts a distinct flavor that is often associated with Asian cooking and is not to everyone's liking. Garlic incorporates itself well into broth and isn't as distinctive.
 
Gary likes garlic. Gary grows garlic. Gary has learned to eat raw garlic. Gary will be making some chicken soup. Often, Gary will toss in greens from the backyard (kale, spinach, parsley). Gary's not that sick to place his odds of survival in a garlic and spinach soup (Popeye style).

Gary typically changes the recipes on his foods and each item usually tastes different than a similar item previously consumed. But .... the big but, Gary uniformly tosses in some citrus juice into his chicken soup. Either an orange or a lemon or both ... adds this slight bit of sweetness and a nice citrus-nose to the concoction. That and lots of simmering.
 
Last edited:
Gary likes garlic. Gary grows garlic. Gary has learned to eat raw garlic. Gary will be making some chicken soup. Often, Gary will toss in greens from the backyard (kale, spinach, parsley). Gary's not that sick to place his odds of survival in a garlic and spinach soup (Popeye style).

:icon_scratch:

Trying to figure out how I suggested anything other than it will make you feel better. In the same way that a good cuppa is just a nice comforting beverage.
 
Buenas Dias Hosers. Gary feels much better after pumping down some Emergen-C and herbal tea. Gary has some good news- Ms. Maggie, without any prodding or direction from Gary, walked through the doggie door and took a nice, big, solid dump in the back. Albeit, it was in the patio ... something we need to work on ... but it was still in the great outdoors. Gary is proud of the little Wheaten. She is absolutely beautiful ... she dumps outside ... he may just keep her ...
 
Last edited:
@ Terri: In general, Gary uses very little, if any, salt in his dishes. Pepper is an entirely different matter. (Gary grows ginger also.)
 
Leo, just tell 'em to go open a can of Campbells.

That almost borders on a chicken variation of minestrone. Well, without the pasta and potatoes, etc. Or a version of what SharonCat posted which sounds pretty tasty.

I throw in the pot some variation of carrots celery & onions depending what I have on hand with the chicken, then use whatever sounds good that day - poultry seasoning, garlic. I'm watching salt and don't like real salty stuff anymore so I usually wait and salt to taste when ready to eat. I check on it a couple of times then when it smells like it's done and ready to eat, it is.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom