What's new

The Coffee House

378398BC-95C8-4216-B2C9-0DA4DA357F33.webp
iPhone

Ms. Maggie casts her vote for Gary’s Famous Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
 
Well, the Doc visit was interesting. I like him, so far, so I'm probably going to make him my Primary. A bit far from home, bit only 20 minutes from work. I was going to a conglomerate clinic/primary care chin, which was fine when I started there, but the waits have gotten longer and I'm getting a bit tired of getting a different person each time.

Have to go for a sonogram, tomorrow.
 
It is to be hot dogs for dinner. Dave is not displeased by this. The wild looking cat and the kitten gif are marvelous!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Ordered delivery. MLW has the crud I'm still trying to get over. The kitchen's a wreck and quite frankly, neither of us care at the moment. I'll get it tomorrow night.
 
Get well Charlie and MLW. Gary doesn't know if its age or the crud is getting stronger or both ... but it sure seems to take longer to heal.
 
Wild fires were managed by controlled burning. Burning is natural and good.

Frank, here where I live timber is big business. Controlled burns get rid of the underbrush and help with insect control, BUT, civilization has gotten in the way. People don't like the smoke or ash, so the state has implemented regulations that make it more difficult to do controlled burns.
 
Today has been one of those difficult breathing days. I ran out of one of the inhaled meds Tuesday, and didn't get the refill till this afternoon. On top of that changing temperatures added stress. So today I was doing everything in slow motion. Least I haven't ended up in ER....yet.
 
Today has been one of those difficult breathing days. I ran out of one of the inhaled meds Tuesday, and didn't get the refill till this afternoon. On top of that changing temperatures added stress. So today I was doing everything in slow motion. Least I haven't ended up in ER....yet.
That is terrible. My youngest daughter has asthma. It must feel terribly frightening to not be able to get a breath ... to feel that you’re suffocating while just standing still. Take care smoke, slow motion is better than no motion.
 
Hi ho Dave.

My daughter says that I make the best grilled cheese sandwich.

(The best ones are made with soft white bread, lots of butter, and American cheese...using a cast iron pan, in case you didn’t know).

Since she was little, after the time I ran out of white bread, Princess has preferred her grilled cheese on cinnamon raisin bread.
 
Since she was little, after the time I ran out of white bread, Princess has preferred her grilled cheese on cinnamon raisin bread.
I am going to try this.

Muenster or Havarti cheese, too.
 
Hi ho Dave.

My daughter says that I make the best grilled cheese sandwich.

(The best ones are made with soft white bread, lots of butter, and American cheese...using a cast iron pan, in case you didn’t know).

Since she was little, after the time I ran out of white bread, Princess has preferred her grilled cheese on cinnamon raisin bread.

Nice! I think every family has that kind of story. Who knows what ours will be, haha.


In other news, this is much more acceptable for October.

E041B510-3E77-4373-A5CA-CE52F1672FA0.webp
 
My youngest daughter has asthm

Mine didn't show up till I hit 60. (Adult onset asthma). No idea why, only other member of my family so far to have it is my oldest grandson, but he seems to be growing out of it. I always attributed his to my daughter in law, who's had it since childhood. It can be pretty stressful when an attack hits, though I'm getting better at recognizing the signs, and getting a ,jump on heading to the ER. I've been fortunate so far this year, my last trip to the ER was a year ago.
 
Hey hosers.

It's finally Friday! I am worn thin, hosers. Heading out of town this weekend to recharge the batteries with some salt water. Hopefully it will be enough to get me through the slog that is October and November.

What are y'all's weekend plans?
 
Wild fires were managed by controlled burning. Burning is natural and good.

Frank, here where I live timber is big business. Controlled burns get rid of the underbrush and help with insect control, BUT, civilization has gotten in the way. People don't like the smoke or ash, so the state has implemented regulations that make it more difficult to do controlled burns.
Out here, because is is so dry and only rains in winter and somewhat in spring, fires season is long and ever threatening. Fire is so intertwined with the flora that some plants produce seeds that won't germinate unless/until the seed pod is subjected to fire. Typically, because fire is so prevalent out here, the firefighters/forest service wait for fire (small) then set off many "backfires" to eliminate the excess brush that has accumulated due to human intervention. The problem out here, due to the highly flammable nature of the forest and brush, all it takes for a controlled fire to become uncontrolled is a bit of wind. In California, there has been a debate going on for half a century about forest/land management and fire.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom