What's new

The Coffee House

How bout them Yanks. Didn't see that coming. Astros in 6. Yanks bullpen is tough. Nats rap it up tonight behind Gio. Dodgers are ready.
Gotta love October ... ('cept Peg, her Sox went down).

I still love October baseball! It's more fun when your team is involved but I will still watch for the drama. Was disappointed last night to see the end of the CLE/NYY game. Sorry NY'rs, I just can't find any like for those guys and will always love Francona. I'm hoping to see Houston vs LAD in the WS. I'm normally an American League fan first unless it's NYY. But, I still sort of think of Houston as NL so would prefer anyone but them or NYY... This season is just not going my way. I'm going to go with

Cubs (and Boston boy Theo) over Nats in NLDS.
Houston over NYY in ALCS
LAD over Cubs in NLCS

I own 2 LAD hats and love Dave Roberts from his short time in Boston so I will be bleeding Dodger blue along with Gary if LAD makes it to the WS.
 
What the hell is that? What kinda websites do you hang which dishes up Carl Sagan Heath charts ...
What is "Things I find on Facebook"?
 
18B7914F-49A6-4AD8-B4D4-7C34C9BB6247.webp

Roastin’ some coffee.
 
@ Jon: Pump in some Vitamin C. Gary uses Emergen-C. Scientifically, there is no evidence that C does anything for a cold ... but it makes you feel as if you're doing something.

Kinda like a nice tasty broth with spinach and garlic? :801:


I'm a solid 3. Maybe 1.

View attachment 148072

Is there a "Carl Sagan tearing his hair out and flipping off his computer" option? No? Then probably #1 for me. Or #3.
 
@ Leo: Exactly, Gary was torn between the flavorful citrus effervescence of Emergen-C and your soup recipe. The coin came up Emergen-C.
 
Reading the paper ... Sadly, 170,000 acres have been devastated by fires in Northern California, 3,500 structures have been leveled and most sadly, 23 dead. Still no containment in sight. The fires are generating 80mph winds ... near hurricane force winds ... how do you fight that ...

Some extraordinary images in yesterday and today's LA Times.
 
Is there a "Carl Sagan tearing his hair out and flipping off his computer" option? No? Then probably #1 for me. Or #3.
No, unfortunately. But, if you need a laugh:

 
Gary thought of suggesting the chart needed to be graduated into billions and billions of squares ... and then read some of Sagan's quotes ... he definitely had a special mind.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces." - Carl Sagan
 
Reading the paper ... Sadly, 170,000 acres have been devastated by fires in Northern California, 3,500 structures have been leveled and most sadly, 23 dead. Still no containment in sight. The fires are generating 80mph winds ... near hurricane force winds ... how do you fight that ...

Some extraordinary images in yesterday and today's LA Times.

Horrifying reports on the news of so many people unaccounted for. Keeping all in our prayers and hoping for some rain for you all.
 
he definitely had a special mind
He really did. I wish more people would read his books.

Another quote:

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”
 
Is there a "Carl Sagan tearing his hair out and flipping off his computer" option? No? Then probably #1 for me. Or #3.[/QUOTE said:
Or one where he looks like he has a baseball bat up his butt
 
Hey, @jcdeboever , now you will never have another fight over a Coach bag! :laugh2:

Coach no more; New York company wants to be called Tapestry
I know more debt
@JC: Good news on the ice. Gary thinks goalie fits you just fine. Gary dusts off his telephoto ... when’s the first game?
Nov 17th, I can barely walk today. Geez I'm out of shape.
@JC: Good news on the ice. Gary thinks goalie fits you just fine. Gary dusts off his telephoto ... when’s the first game?
Nov 18 . I can barely walk today. Geez
Wimp ... :cool-48:

Thanks... Im having second thoughts to be honest. My teeth and eyeballs even hurt.
 
This morning I walk by the Rhine River and the most wonderful light illuminates the trees that just start to change colours. I was completely overwhelmed and happy I did not carry a camera. My eyes could see and my soul could suck in all the beauty that lay before me. The
Sometimes, one doesn't need a camera, just a photographic memory.


Later I took a shot. A lot of color in it, maybe too much?
IMG_20171012_200051.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom