What's new

The Coffee House

Baby update. Baby is due in about four weeks. Baby was in breech for most of pregnancy. Now, baby's in a transverse lie. WTF, baby.
Get used to that. Welcome to the rest of your life.
9bbdbcc7d0487b05eb000c0bbad744aa1e228a06.jpg
 
Babies are fantastic! (As long as they belong to someone else).

Grand kids are by far the best. You can be their best bud, spoil them rotten, feed them candy, shake them up good, then send them home for the parents to deal with!!!!
 
They used a bullhorn for a microphone?
 
I suggested an instant camera for my wife, and she seemed very happy with the idea.

While we were at Michaels the other day, I stopped by to view their selection of Fujifilm. I was appalled to see all of their Fujifilm cameras at literally 2-2.5 times the price everywhere else. The Instax Mini 90 Neo was listed at $300! I debated asking the store manager if they price-matched items from other stores just to let them know they are ridiculously over-priced. I don't blame you if you don't believe me... look at it here: Fujifilm Instax® Mini 90 Neo Classic Camera .

It's like $120-ish at B&H. :eek:

That said, I saw a twin lens reflex instant by Mint at B&H, but I'm not sure if my wife wants that level of photography (and wow, it's expensive for what we're looking for). I think she was thinking more of a Polaroid. :)
 
I have seen those at Michael's and wondered at what they really go for. That's a crazy mark up. They were selling them with the scrap booking stuff - maybe thinking the buyers would be non photographers and not know any better?
 
I have seen those at Michael's and wondered at what they really go for. That's a crazy mark up. They were selling them with the scrap booking stuff - maybe thinking the buyers would be non photographers and not know any better?
Michaels has seriously gone downhill. Unless you're doing some scrap booking or in serious need of silk flowers, I can't think of a reason to go in there. And it used to really be aimed more at art supply stuff - beautiful papers, brushes, paints, they even sold hand-coloring supplies! The stock of art supply stuff and yes, the occasional find like the Fujifilm, have incredibly mark-ups.

You're better off finding a real art supply store -even online places like Dick Blick have their brick & mortar stores.
 
We go to Michael's only when my daughter needs supplies for a school project. We usually check Walmart or Target first and then get whatever we couldn't find there at Michael's. They are all within a half mile of each other just down the road.
 
I suggested an instant camera for my wife, and she seemed very happy with the idea.

While we were at Michaels the other day, I stopped by to view their selection of Fujifilm. I was appalled to see all of their Fujifilm cameras at literally 2-2.5 times the price everywhere else. The Instax Mini 90 Neo was listed at $300! I debated asking the store manager if they price-matched items from other stores just to let them know they are ridiculously over-priced. I don't blame you if you don't believe me... look at it here: Fujifilm Instax® Mini 90 Neo Classic Camera .

It's like $120-ish at B&H. :eek:

That said, I saw a twin lens reflex instant by Mint at B&H, but I'm not sure if my wife wants that level of photography (and wow, it's expensive for what we're looking for). I think she was thinking more of a Polaroid. :)
For about $150, you can get a little Fuji printer instant film thing, Instax Share, which will connect directly to a smartphone or Fuji camera. Gary thinks JC keeps one in his back pocket when he shoots Street.
 
Gary loves live analogue distortion. (Not a bad name for a band.)


the band's name I do not recall but the mood they created was superb and the interplay between the band members. The name had to do with the Orient and the Rhineland. Very funny wordplay that escapes me at the moment and that is of course intranslatable
 
I suggested an instant camera for my wife, and she seemed very happy with the idea.

While we were at Michaels the other day, I stopped by to view their selection of Fujifilm. I was appalled to see all of their Fujifilm cameras at literally 2-2.5 times the price everywhere else. The Instax Mini 90 Neo was listed at $300! I debated asking the store manager if they price-matched items from other stores just to let them know they are ridiculously over-priced. I don't blame you if you don't believe me... look at it here: Fujifilm Instax® Mini 90 Neo Classic Camera .

It's like $120-ish at B&H. :eek:

That said, I saw a twin lens reflex instant by Mint at B&H, but I'm not sure if my wife wants that level of photography (and wow, it's expensive for what we're looking for). I think she was thinking more of a Polaroid. :)
For about $150, you can get a little Fuji printer instant film thing, Instax Share, which will connect directly to a smartphone or Fuji camera. Gary thinks JC keeps one in his back pocket when he shoots Street.
That's pretty nifty! The wife would be happy with one less camera in the house...
 
one for Gary. a wine maker was there, kinda garage wine maker but with a real estate in Neustadt an der Weinstraße. They are small even by German standards only 3ha which means 8 acres in US terms... 3 youngsters. Picture shows one of them with a glass of very nice pinot blanc
 

Attachments

  • small_6TG5731_v1_.webp
    small_6TG5731_v1_.webp
    317.7 KB · Views: 67

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom