What's new

The Coffee House

Man, Amazon is so convenient. But I'm on to representative # 4 and day # 3 of trying to get them to refund an order that was never delivered. Their service is terrible.

Call your credit card company and dispute the charge.

They ended up taking care of it. Finally. I hate to say it...but I finally got to a CSR in the US, and the problem was fixed almost instantly.

You’re right though...I should use my American Express card instead of my debit card. Its way easier to dispute charges that way.
 
You should not use a debit card to shop online. You open yourself up to many headaches if they steal your debit card info than just a credit card. They could wipe out your bank account. You'll eventually get it back but only after 2-3 weeks and many hoops to jump through.

More unsolicited free advice :rolleyes-39: - get a good rewards card and use that for everything. I pay for everything with my Chase rewards card and then pay it off in full every month. And I mean everything! Sometimes it drives my friends and family nuts but you'd be shocked at how quickly it adds up. I've been collecting points and miles since 2010 and I haven't paid for a flight or a hotel in a few years now. Just in the past year alone I used points to pay for flights and/or hotels to Disneyland, Nashville, Portland ME and Vermont and will be going to NYC for the weekend with a free hotel next month. Check out websites like thepointsguy and millionmilesecrets for how to get started.
 
You should not use a debit card to shop online. You open yourself up to many headaches if they steal your debit card info than just a credit card. They could wipe out your bank account. You'll eventually get it back but only after 2-3 weeks and many hoops to jump through.

More unsolicited free advice :rolleyes-39: - get a good rewards card and use that for everything. I pay for everything with my Chase rewards card and then pay it off in full every month. And I mean everything! Sometimes it drives my friends and family nuts but you'd be shocked at how quickly it adds up. I've been collecting points and miles since 2010 and I haven't paid for a flight or a hotel in a few years now. Just in the past year alone I used points to pay for flights and/or hotels to Disneyland, Nashville, Portland ME and Vermont and will be going to NYC for the weekend with a free hotel next month. Check out websites like thepointsguy and millionmilesecrets for how to get started.

I'll have to check into it more closely. The AMEX I use is the cash rewards card. I mostly use it for groceries and gas as the rewards are better there, but I can definitely see the advantages to what you are talking about.
 
my bank constantly "fraud alerts" my legitimate charges, but always allows the bad ones. They alos like spending us new cards about 3-4 times a year and REALLY messes up your subscriptions. They are great.


like the other day in NYC, we used our CC all day long, then our last dinner was declined and we had to use another payment method. they called like 30 min later and was like there's suspicious activity on your card.
 
Citibank?
 
Dave was given a $50 gift card at his last job. It got him a few coins and a few knives. He hasn't been able to put $ back on it. He truly hopes to do so because otherwise he'll never get a DSLR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Dave is lying in bed again. Soon to be asleep. 4am is right around the corner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
You should not use a debit card to shop online. You open yourself up to many headaches if they steal your debit card info than just a credit card. They could wipe out your bank account. You'll eventually get it back but only after 2-3 weeks and many hoops to jump through.

More unsolicited free advice :rolleyes-39: - get a good rewards card and use that for everything. I pay for everything with my Chase rewards card and then pay it off in full every month. And I mean everything! Sometimes it drives my friends and family nuts but you'd be shocked at how quickly it adds up. I've been collecting points and miles since 2010 and I haven't paid for a flight or a hotel in a few years now. Just in the past year alone I used points to pay for flights and/or hotels to Disneyland, Nashville, Portland ME and Vermont and will be going to NYC for the weekend with a free hotel next month. Check out websites like thepointsguy and millionmilesecrets for how to get started.
Or.... just put some cash in your wallet and buy from a local brick & mortar shop and support local business and your regional economy!
 
You should not use a debit card to shop online. You open yourself up to many headaches if they steal your debit card info than just a credit card. They could wipe out your bank account. You'll eventually get it back but only after 2-3 weeks and many hoops to jump through.

More unsolicited free advice :rolleyes-39: - get a good rewards card and use that for everything. I pay for everything with my Chase rewards card and then pay it off in full every month. And I mean everything! Sometimes it drives my friends and family nuts but you'd be shocked at how quickly it adds up. I've been collecting points and miles since 2010 and I haven't paid for a flight or a hotel in a few years now. Just in the past year alone I used points to pay for flights and/or hotels to Disneyland, Nashville, Portland ME and Vermont and will be going to NYC for the weekend with a free hotel next month. Check out websites like thepointsguy and millionmilesecrets for how to get started.
Or.... just put some cash in your wallet and buy from a local brick & mortar shop and support local business and your regional economy!

I do frequently shop local. Local businesses and brick and mortar stores take credit cards as well as cash.
 
I do frequently shop local. Local businesses and brick and mortar stores take credit cards as well as cash.
Sure, but that costs them and you more. Shopping on credit is hugely expensive to everyone but the major banks/credit companies. I can understand putting large purchases on credit... maybe. All of your so-called rewards are paid for by through the fees that the credit companies levy against the vendors, who in turn mark up their prices to account for it... Cash = win for everyone except the banks, and who cares about them!
 
I do frequently shop local. Local businesses and brick and mortar stores take credit cards as well as cash.
Sure, but that costs them and you more. Shopping on credit is hugely expensive to everyone but the major banks/credit companies. I can understand putting large purchases on credit... maybe. All of your so-called rewards are paid for by through the fees that the credit companies levy against the vendors, who in turn mark up their prices to account for it... Cash = win for everyone except the banks, and who cares about them!

If I pay cash it costs me the same as with credit. I understand your point but just about EVERYONE would have to be on board for that to "trickle down" to lower prices and I don't see that happening.
 
I shop local when possible, but sometimes it isn't possible for lack of product. I do that despite the fact that I get charged from 9-10%, on top of it by the local municipality. So much for taxation without representation.

I never carry much cash, choosing to pay for everything on one of three credit cards (2 for personal, 1 business). Balances are paid in full each month, meaning all cash back goes in back in my pocket.
 
I prefer to use my rewards for travel instead of cashback. Makes taking the trips more fun when they're "free".

Did anyone see the Celtics game and that poor guy break his ankle? Totally gruesome.
 
In addition, not sure if it's nationwide, but most of the Wally Worlds we've been to participate in "savings catcher". You sign up, then when you check out you submit your receipt on line. They check all the local store pricing, if they find a cheaper price you get the difference back on an e-card. So we get cash back on the credit card, then get cash back from Wally World. Makes it a lot easier to shop for essentials, and get the best price.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom