What's new

The Coffee House

Crap. Caps scored in OT. Enough of the postgame, on to the late game.
 
I was up a little early with my son today, but it's all good because I have a fine cup of coffee in front of me. Today's beans are a dry-process lot from Brazil. While I really love the acidic and fruity African coffees, my wife really enjoys the Latin American coffees for their bittersweet chocolate and nutty notes. So we alternate batches. I think a lot of it is that she enjoys her coffee with milk, and the milk makes more sense with these flavors that the citrusy flavors of the African lots I like.
 
Well, I didn't get to watch anything last night but I see my Red Wings and Pistons lost but Verlander was dominant again. Hopefully can watch the game tonight.
 
caps-orig.webp
 
There is some joy in Daves world.
The Astros pulled it out last night.
Dave has nails upon which to chew later this evening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
I was up a little early with my son today, but it's all good because I have a fine cup of coffee in front of me. Today's beans are a dry-process lot from Brazil. While I really love the acidic and fruity African coffees, my wife really enjoys the Latin American coffees for their bittersweet chocolate and nutty notes. So we alternate batches. I think a lot of it is that she enjoys her coffee with milk, and the milk makes more sense with these flavors that the citrusy flavors of the African lots I like.
Gary drinks his coffee black and still prefers the New World coffees over Asia and Africa. In Mesoamerica, the cocoa beans were so prized that the beans would often be used as currency.
 
Last edited:
Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. Yesterday was a particularly nice day. In the land of exceptionally nice days all year round ... yesterday was perfect, complete with a nice Pacific breeze coming in from the south. Max and his human Mike came over for coffee and we just relaxed in the patio in the late morning, sipping our coffee and drinking in all the colors of the trees and the butterflies. The pumps were off, making it especially quiet, relaxing and soothing.
 
Speaking of yesterday ... guests came over for dinner and dinner was especially good ... Gary outdid himself this time. He cooked all afternoon making pizza, banana ice cream and chicken carbonara. The pizza was sausage with half tomato based sauce and half pesto, full of peppers and herbs with three types of cheeses. The crust was full of peppers, basil and oregano. Gary was chopping all afternoon. The carbonara was fantastic, really thick sweet and spicy, the chicken was juicy and the pasta was this special pasta which expands when cooked. Gary cooked the peas in the leftover pasta water and finished off the sauce with a bit of pasta water ... and everything came out great. Some great wines from Sonoma and Paso Robles and it was polished off with a dessert wine, coffee and a Ben and Jerry's recipe for banana ice cream (Gary added a few chips of chocolate to the recipe).
 
I was up a little early with my son today, but it's all good because I have a fine cup of coffee in front of me. Today's beans are a dry-process lot from Brazil. While I really love the acidic and fruity African coffees, my wife really enjoys the Latin American coffees for their bittersweet chocolate and nutty notes. So we alternate batches. I think a lot of it is that she enjoys her coffee with milk, and the milk makes more sense with these flavors that the citrusy flavors of the African lots I like.
Gary drinks his coffee black and still prefers the New World coffees over Asia and Africa. In Mesoamerica, the cocoa beans were so prized that they would often be used as currency.

I agree with you about Asian coffees...I haven't really liked any coffees I've tried from there...which is probably why I have a bunch of partial bags in my coffee bin.

By the way...I ended up not updating my coffee roasting system. I've been roasting inside under my stove exhaust hood, and it's been doing a decent enough job. Ultimately, the coffee I get from it is awesome for the total investment of 30ish bucks. The one that has full smoke suppression costs almost $400. I'd rather buy stuff for my other hobbies.
 
I was up a little early with my son today, but it's all good because I have a fine cup of coffee in front of me. Today's beans are a dry-process lot from Brazil. While I really love the acidic and fruity African coffees, my wife really enjoys the Latin American coffees for their bittersweet chocolate and nutty notes. So we alternate batches. I think a lot of it is that she enjoys her coffee with milk, and the milk makes more sense with these flavors that the citrusy flavors of the African lots I like.
Gary drinks his coffee black and still prefers the New World coffees over Asia and Africa. In Mesoamerica, the cocoa beans were so prized that they would often be used as currency.

I agree with you about Asian coffees...I haven't really liked any coffees I've tried from there...which is probably why I have a bunch of partial bags in my coffee bin.

By the way...I ended up not updating my coffee roasting system. I've been roasting inside under my stove exhaust hood, and it's been doing a decent enough job. Ultimately, the coffee I get from it is awesome for the total investment of 30ish bucks. The one that has full smoke suppression costs almost $400. I'd rather buy stuff for my other hobbies.
That sounds a bit awkward ... but Gary doesn't blame you ... 400 bucks is 400 bucks. It isn't that Gary doesn't like Asian or African coffees ... it more that Gary prefers Latin America coffee. (Gary's seedling coffee plant is growing, soon in about 15 years he'll have a vertical monopoly.)
 
Last edited:
The Biggest game today from the Houston perspective is game 7 of the ALCS.
Dave was born and raised in Houston and even if he lives some 65 miles from Minute Maid park he is fully in the Astros corner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
I see there is a Caps fan among us... :cool-48:

Tonight there's a college game on, and I'll watch whatever game's on that's showing Hockey Night in Canada. Coach's Corner is worth it to see Don Cherry's suit if nothing else!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom