What's new

The Coffee House

I see there is a Caps fan among us... :cool-48:

Tonight there's a college game on, and I'll watch whatever game's on that's showing Hockey Night in Canada. Coach's Corner is worth it to see Don Cherry's suit if nothing else!

Canadiens, then the Caps when they arrived in town. I wonder how many remember (or even know) why the Calgary team is called the "Flames"
They moved from Atlanta, which had been burned during the Civil War

Along the same line - anybody remember the name of DC's NBA team was, before they became the Wizards?
 
I see there is a Caps fan among us... :cool-48:

Tonight there's a college game on, and I'll watch whatever game's on that's showing Hockey Night in Canada. Coach's Corner is worth it to see Don Cherry's suit if nothing else!

Canadiens, then the Caps when they arrived in town. I wonder how many remember (or even know) why the Calgary team is called the "Flames"
They moved from Atlanta, which had been burned during the Civil War

Along the same line - anybody remember the name of DC's NBA team was, before they became the Wizards?
Been to the Centre Bell several times (free tix from vendor) while I was in Montreal on multiple occasions. Also been to Jou Louis Arena several times when I was still at home. Including play offs, but no Stanley Cup. One of the few things I enjoyed on TV in Montreal was Hockey Night in Canada. Most of the time the TV was off.
 
Took a metric crap ton of photos today, and I think I have some real keepers.

I'm sipping a Tanqueray and tonic and getting ready sort through them. If I can convince my wife, hopefully I'll have the baseball game on in the background.
 
So sorry NYY fans. Astros are going to the World Series! And Dave is now headed off to bed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Dave woke up to no power. And no coffee.
Not the very best of situations.
He hopes everyone else is doing better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
9CDF004B-4D96-4D10-9A0B-F6076E4A18F3.webp
Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. Mary Lou and Gary went shopping yesterday. Gary likes succulents.
 
I remember the Atlanta Flames. Just barely, I didn't know anything about hockey til college.

Hockey's a small world, there are a lot of local connections if you use the Kevin Bacon 6 degrees of separation. Actually, we do have a number of former players and coaches still playing or coaching or GM'ing or announcing.


Jon, that is the coolest onesie!! and I've seen lots of onesies with the type work I've done. Jack's getting big!
 
As it turns out a tree fell across the electric wires tearing our power pole down.
Fortunately we have a generator.
Unfortunately we need an electrician.
Ain't life just peachy swell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
If it’s a high voltage line, the electrician won’t be cheap.

Wouldn’t that be the responsibility of the power company?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom