The Coffee House

Just seen this, don`t think many street photographers will be happy.

https://idpc.org.mt/en/documents/data protection and street photography.pdf
Lines are drawn and moved all the time. Some lines by legislation, some lines via the courts ... Gary doesn't see this as a victory for privacy as much as another infringement on personal freedom(s).

Democratic governments tend to snip here ... snip there ... as a mob with less freedoms is easier to control than a mob with greater freedoms. It is all about control.
Is the act an EU law, or does it just apply to Malta where the IDPC is located? I read through their About Us information and could not tell. There was only one reference to the EU in that section, and it only mentioned “cooperation.”

Just seen this, don`t think many street photographers will be happy.

https://idpc.org.mt/en/documents/data protection and street photography.pdf
Lines are drawn and moved all the time. Some lines by legislation, some lines via the courts ... Gary doesn't see this as a victory for privacy as much as another infringement on personal freedom(s).

Democratic governments tend to snip here ... snip there ... as a mob with less freedoms is easier to control than a mob with greater freedoms. It is all about control.
Is the act an EU law, or does it just apply to Malta where the IDPC is located? I read through their About Us information and could not tell. There was only one reference to the EU in that section, and it only mentioned “cooperation.”

I had seen this on a forum I use, some are saying it is total crap and not true so I have not a clue on it.

Hey kids.

I feel like I've had three weeks crammed into these past three days at work. As I've mentioned, I'm now running a new program that, long story short, is designed to help students graduate, and I've been deep in the recruiting process for the summer. This morning was our orientation for the students we have recruited so far. I was at work for 12 hours yesterday making sure that everything was ready and organized. Hosted 35 of the students this morning, finished by about 1:30, then caught up on some other work for the rest of the day. I still have two more days and then I am working overtime on Saturday.

So yes, I'll have that drink now. And since I don't get overtime for the extra time yesterday, I will be leaving early on Friday.

In other news, falling asleep with a cat snuggled right up against your shoulder, purring right into your ear is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

After ordering from a gigantic screen kiosk*, you take a drink cup and a little numbered sign and

It didn't ask if you wanted a hot Apple Pie with that?

In other news, falling asleep with a cat snuggled right up against your shoulder, purring right into your ear is a wonderful, wonderful thing.
There's nothing like kitty therapy.

Good night y'all and have a wonderful Thursday if at all possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Isn't Thursday Friday's foreplay?

We're heading to the shore on Sunday; going to pick up some maters, melons, lopes and Silver Queen corn.

Had to go to Cape Girardeau, MO this week on family business. While here I've been amazed at the number of deer, within the city limits. Staying at my sister in laws house, and have seen several already in her backyard. Today driving down a busy street, one came out of nowhere right in front of us. According to the Wildlife Conservation they've reached a density of 37/square mile as of April, probably more since then. The problem has gotten to the point that an "urban hunt" ordinance in the works.

Just saw on the news that MickeyD's is going to have kiosks.
I went to a McD's a little over a month ago, and saw and used these. After ordering from a gigantic screen kiosk*, you take a drink cup and a little numbered sign and go sit down at a table. The workers then bring the food out to your table based on the numbered sign.

*Seriously, the kiosk is HUGE. I'm used to like 15-inch max touch screens for ordering at kiosks. Nope. This thing was at least 20x30-inches. HUGE. Example (Google Image Search)

Tried the McD’s kiosk a few weeks ago at Princess’ insistence. It took twice as long to order our meal as just talking to the woman at the counter. If there had been a long line maybe it would have saved a little time, but when was the last time you had to wait more than a minute to order? These “conveniences” are designed to eliminate even more jobs from our economy. I never use the self checkouts unless it’s absolutely the only option. Target and Walmart and Stop & Shop have been cutting back on cashiers and leaving us to do all the work. No thanks. Don’t all these corporations realize that if they all continue to cut jobs to show profit to please Wall st then they’ll have no customers left with any money to spend?

Morning all, grotty here today with rain set in for the day. I think the airshow might be cancelled for today for safety reasons, plus this year I am giving it a rest as still got this stupid cold and horrible cough.

Another day. Number 4 of 6.
I really can't think of anything else to say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

We have wild lions within Los Angeles' city limits to help control deer. :cool-48:

At one time they had large cats, but now Bobcats and Coyotes are the only predators. In years past tere was a virus that took out a chunk of the population, but it seems to have declined. Hunting is the main management of population. Which is probably why the population has grown so large within the city limits

Just saw on the news that MickeyD's is going to have kiosks.
I went to a McD's a little over a month ago, and saw and used these. After ordering from a gigantic screen kiosk*, you take a drink cup and a little numbered sign and go sit down at a table. The workers then bring the food out to your table based on the numbered sign.

*Seriously, the kiosk is HUGE. I'm used to like 15-inch max touch screens for ordering at kiosks. Nope. This thing was at least 20x30-inches. HUGE. Example (Google Image Search)

Tried the McD’s kiosk a few weeks ago at Princess’ insistence. It took twice as long to order our meal as just talking to the woman at the counter. If there had been a long line maybe it would have saved a little time, but when was the last time you had to wait more than a minute to order? These “conveniences” are designed to eliminate even more jobs from our economy. I never use the self checkouts unless it’s absolutely the only option. Target and Walmart and Stop & Shop have been cutting back on cashiers and leaving us to do all the work. No thanks. Don’t all these corporations realize that if they all continue to cut jobs to show profit to please Wall st then they’ll have no customers left with any money to spend?
It was extremely confusing, and I agree, took much longer to order. I went with family on vacation, and we hit the McD's at prime time on a Sunday morning, so there was a line.

re: everything else you mention, I totally agree. I hate the self-checkout lines, because the machines never seem to work properly, and when you need help, the person is either busy or not there.

That said, I remember reading an article a few months ago where a supermarket wanted to figure out why they were "selling" so many carrots when their stock didn't match the sales. People, apparently, routinely took any vegetable/fruit they wanted and marked it as a carrot (the cheapest option) at the self-checkout.

Most reactions

Back