What's new

The Coffee House

@JonA_CT Great news on being back to work. No lingering problems hopefully. I haven't seen an update on the first batch at the brewery? Any news there?

We have 4 batches in fermenters now. The first 2 are ready to be packaged.

Unfortunately, we need a small administrative approval from the federal government for each beer we brew for the first time. That office is closed indefinitely, so we are in a holding pattern as far as actually opening. Once the shutdown clears, it could be almost 2 months to get that approval because we are one of many breweries across the country who are submitting that form with no one able to sign off. It’s worse in CT though because every beer requires it. In other states, it’s only recipes that will be served across state lines.

I'm assuming that approval is required for selling, but would approval be required for giving it away? I'm sure there would be plenty of TPF members willing to sample. LOL
 
5.3x hours today 11.24 for the week so far.
My BSH Invicta should be at the PO.
Going there, then the box at the front of the neighborhood and then home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
It WAS here! Take a gander at this!
20190115_111139.webp


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
We have 4 batches in fermenters now. The first 2 are ready to be packaged.

Unfortunately, we need a small administrative approval from the federal government for each beer we brew for the first time. That office is closed indefinitely, so we are in a holding pattern as far as actually opening. Once the shutdown clears, it could be almost 2 months to get that approval because we are one of many breweries across the country who are submitting that form with no one able to sign off. It’s worse in CT though because every beer requires it. In other states, it’s only recipes that will be served across state lines.

Sounds like a Spring, or potential Summer field trip - either of which is fine. We will most likely have a new vehicle for the trip, with plenty of trunk space.

I'm assuming that approval is required for selling, but would approval be required for giving it away? I'm sure there would be plenty of TPF members willing to sample. LOL
I kicked in a few pennies so I have a glass waiting for me, and my name will be on the wall.
 
Jon glad you're back to work, now for a snow day?!?!?

I don't want to watch a show about someone tidying up, but if they want to come to my house and do a demo, that'd be fine! I'll keep my big kitchen too, with a nice big picture window.

The early news said they need certified lifeguards at a local city pool this summer, then showed a live look at the city - gray, fog & gloomy! lol I just hope it warms up enough for this snow to melt before we get more.
 
Sausage, Mac and cheese and green beans. If it survived there was a service of Blue Bell Great Divide left.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
No Blue Bell. Pecan pie.
And good night to you all and have a wonderful tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Early start this morning -- I have the geo-committee meeting on the Eastern Shore.
 
Yesterday had a knee x-ray to see if anything was broken and all okay. The goal now is to build up strength. I was hesitant to do too much with still having discomfort.

I ordered something for the Valentine backdrop, but I can use it for other projects so not counting that into the budget. I don't know when I'll get to set up and shoot. One of the pups has dental surgery and one of the grand kids has the flu. If one gets it they all get it like a domino effect.
 
Yesterday had a knee x-ray to see if anything was broken and all okay. The goal now is to build up strength. I was hesitant to do too much with still having discomfort.

I ordered something for the Valentine backdrop, but I can use it for other projects so not counting that into the budget. I don't know when I'll get to set up and shoot. One of the pups has dental surgery and one of the grand kids has the flu. If one gets it they all get it like a domino effect.
Ugh, a bum knee can really make it hard to get around - glad the x-ray showed no lasting damage, Cheryl!

Sounds like everything is a bit hectic in your household. ;) Hang in there!
 
6 and almost a half. 17.50 for the week so far. Got to take milk home. Gonna get my check in a few.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Yesterday had a knee x-ray to see if anything was broken and all okay. The goal now is to build up strength. I was hesitant to do too much with still having discomfort.

I ordered something for the Valentine backdrop, but I can use it for other projects so not counting that into the budget. I don't know when I'll get to set up and shoot. One of the pups has dental surgery and one of the grand kids has the flu. If one gets it they all get it like a domino effect.

Glad nothing broken. I have found that as I get older things hurt much longer then they used to.

Our granddaughter is finally over the flu we hope. Getting her tomorrow for a few hours. Will try on outfits, and finalize the little details for up coming shoots. Just so you know, we spent another $10 on a bow and itger small set decorations. Wouldn't want you to fall behind on budget :chuncky:
 
There are some odd movies on TCM today... Coming up - 'Night of the Lepus', which you'd think sounds like it might have to do with Limr (s)! (I had to, Leo! lol) but no, it involves rampaging rabbits.

It stars Dr. McCoy from Star Trek, who might have been better off to ask the Enterprise to beam him up after about the first 15 minutes (and if he's lucky maybe his scenes are over). Also Janet Leigh, Stuart Whitman... how did these people have the misfortune to end up in this movie?? lol
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom