What's new

The Coffee House

Yesterday St. Peter was heard saying "Well Hello Dolly". Carol Channing, star of Broadway's 'Hello Dolly!' dies at 97 - CNN just caught this on the news.

Yeah, I heard her first on-screen kiss was with a young fellow also having his first on-screen kiss: Clint Eastwood.

I saw that in a NY Post article. Supposedly they "spent a long time practicing, trying to figure out how to do it with both our faces facing forward", but it ultimately ended up on the cutting room floor. Hmmm maybe they needed more practice LOL
 
The very air is wet. 99% humidity.
56 degrees right now going to upper 60s.
Sitting in the parking lot waiting on a keyholder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
It still seems quite humid. A bit over 6 hours and 22.53 for the week so far.
Apparently nothing needs to be taken home. PO and the other box after I visit our bank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Do I ever have a lot of half or mostly empty (with one left!) packets of sewing and embroidery needles! Going thru accumulated needlework supplies while we're going to have accumulating snow for two weekends in a row.
 
Temperatures warmed overnight, giving us a heavy fog this morning. It was so heavy, that on our morning walk Sadie ran up on a squirrel sitting on the ground in the middle of the trail. Not sure who was more surprised as they faced off nose to nose. I'll give the squirrel credit, that triple backflip, spin, and run trick it pulled off probably saved it's life. LOL
 
It's foggier around here, as well, but not to that extent! Slightly warmer temps and rain moved through the area late yesterday likely brought the fog. Today is dry but overcast.

Happy Friday, hosers! Anyone have exciting weekend plans to share?
 
eek! It's heading your way, isn't it? One of winter's delights!

Stay warm!
 
Snow shoveling and more removal efforts is my prediction for weekend plans;)

Thankfully here conditions are such that we follow the "God Rule - what he puts down he'll take away". If I had to deal with freezing my buns off, I'd want to spend as little time as possible, I'd want to be sure it was far enough away that it wouldn't blow back, and I'd have to have some "fun incentive" to get me out there. Maybe one of these?...?
7855a05bbad6fec064df4fc4e0202203--share-photos-photos-of.webp
 
The smallest pup Quincy had 12 teeth extracted yesterday. He is doing ok and will be on pain meds for a week. The Valentine budge went up another $6 yesterday plus another $50 which the items can be used for the grands on any occasion so not counting that into the budget. I may start setting up this weekend. I need help moving things around in the basement.
 
The smallest pup Quincy had 12 teeth extracted yesterday. He is doing ok and will be on pain meds for a week. The Valentine budge went up another $6 yesterday plus another $50 which the items can be used for the grands on any occasion so not counting that into the budget. I may start setting up this weekend. I need help moving things around in the basement.

Yikes, hope the fur kid is doing well. Ms Sadie had some minor surgery last week, teeth cleaning and a small growth removed from her eyelid. doesn't seem to have slowed her down any.

I'm anxious to see what you've come up with for set!! I think I we have everything for Valentines now. I'm really torn between an outside location and inside. The only space big enough inside is in the garage, which has a time limit as the DW's car gets moved to the shed when we set up. May just wait for the weather to decide for me.
 
The smallest pup Quincy had 12 teeth extracted yesterday. He is doing ok and will be on pain meds for a week. The Valentine budge went up another $6 yesterday plus another $50 which the items can be used for the grands on any occasion so not counting that into the budget. I may start setting up this weekend. I need help moving things around in the basement.

Yikes, hope the fur kid is doing well. Ms Sadie had some minor surgery last week, teeth cleaning and a small growth removed from her eyelid. doesn't seem to have slowed her down any.

I'm anxious to see what you've come up with for set!! I think I we have everything for Valentines now. I'm really torn between an outside location and inside. The only space big enough inside is in the garage, which has a time limit as the DW's car gets moved to the shed when we set up. May just wait for the weather to decide for me.

Hope Sadie is recovering! Quincy slept good last night on pain meds while I had a nightmare about his ordeal.

The area in the basement is the only clutter free wall. I do have to move 2 items. Placing the light stand is tricky because of the tight space width wise. I have a few participation ideas for the 3 grands. They will get bribed with the smile for mommy type photos and then we will try some fun stuff. The pups are easier because they work for dog treats.
 
@CherylL didn't slow down Sadie much. Hey I just saw on the news that SEMO is projected to get hammered tomorrow. Is any of that headed your way?
 
I've been hearing drips since yesterday, so at least some of what's already on the ground has melted. But it's got a ways to go.

The latest forecast just on made me go yikes!! I'm in the 6-10" range bordering on an 8-12" band of snow. It might start out Sat. as the ever popular wintry mix (including a bit of ice but supposedly not enough to be problematic) but then boy, is it gonna snow!! Then a drop to bitter temps Sun. which is only supposed to last for a day or two. It's a long weekend but ought to be a quiet one, I doubt I'll see much go by besides the salt truck/snow plow til Tuesday.

So my plans this weekend are to get back to my big baggie of packets of sharps and betweens and tapestry needles that I rounded up (and needles for millinery and darning and crewel work which I've never done but used a few needles out of most of the packets for something!). There are some that must be out of my grandma's sewing cabinet, one was marked 35 cents. Maybe I'll actually do some needlework too.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom