What's new

The Coffee House

Thanks, so did I! lol It was only a few inches Sat. and roads were cleared but then Sun. woke up to another few/several inches! My poor bushes got darn near flattened! They've since mostly bounced back.

I didn't really want a repeat this weekend since I had plans. Was supposed to go to a needlework event of all things held at a state park in the area (which just happens to be where it's held, it doesn't have anything to do remotely with wildlife but maybe a bit of 'wild life'; if someone finishes a project they have a glass of wine or nonalcoholic beverage of their choice! lol if you want to call that wild). Those plans went out the window, walking with a cane I don't even chance it. Especially not with a foot of snow coming!
 
I got to 28 hours even with a day to go.
Just had leftover spaghetti for dinner.
Got the aerobic system fixed when I got back from Lowes. Watching Price is Right and the last guy on there was something else. Lite in the loafers sort of guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Having lived in the snow belt of northern Michigan for years, I feel for you guys dealing with a foot of snow when you are not used to it, be careful out there and try not to over do it, you can always take a break and warm up, then take another stab it, no use having a heart attack over it.
 
Having lived in the snow belt of northern Michigan for years, I feel for you guys dealing with a foot of snow when you are not used to it, be careful out there and try not to over do it, you can always take a break and warm up, then take another stab it, no use having a heart attack over it.

I either pay someone else to do it or wait for the melt.
 
Having lived in the snow belt of northern Michigan for years, I feel for you guys dealing with a foot of snow when you are not used to it, be careful out there and try not to over do it, you can always take a break and warm up, then take another stab it, no use having a heart attack over it.

I either pay someone else to do it or wait for the melt.
Ehhh???? If you're going to do that, what's the point of owning a teen-ager???????
 
Interesting obit, in today’s NY Times , of the photographer of cats, Walter Chandoha. His cat photography began in 1949 when he rescued a freezing kitten in the snow in Astoria NY. He became the go-to cat photographer, and took 90,000 pictures of them. The obit covers more than half a page and included photos. Tad hen is coming out with a retrospective volume. I wish they had shown some of his work as a combat photographer in the South Pacific during WWII.
 
Having lived in the snow belt of northern Michigan for years, I feel for you guys dealing with a foot of snow when you are not used to it, be careful out there and try not to over do it, you can always take a break and warm up, then take another stab it, no use having a heart attack over it.

I either pay someone else to do it or wait for the melt.
Ehhh???? If you're going to do that, what's the point of owning a teen-ager???????

You’ve obviously never been a 16 year old girl.
 
Having lived in the snow belt of northern Michigan for years, I feel for you guys dealing with a foot of snow when you are not used to it, be careful out there and try not to over do it, you can always take a break and warm up, then take another stab it, no use having a heart attack over it.

I either pay someone else to do it or wait for the melt.
Ehhh???? If you're going to do that, what's the point of owning a teen-ager???????

You’ve obviously never been a 16 year old girl.

Well, but I have been, and cleaning the snow was an enforced chore from about the age of 8 or 9. But then again, I had crazy Portuguese parents, so there is only so far you can generalize. ;)
 
Having lived in the snow belt of northern Michigan for years, I feel for you guys dealing with a foot of snow when you are not used to it, be careful out there and try not to over do it, you can always take a break and warm up, then take another stab it, no use having a heart attack over it.

I either pay someone else to do it or wait for the melt.
Ehhh???? If you're going to do that, what's the point of owning a teen-ager???????

You’ve obviously never been a 16 year old girl.
True, but she must want her allowance, new clothes or supper... Perfect time to learn about the barter system. One clear driveway = one new blouse.
 
True, but she must want her allowance, new clothes or supper... Perfect time to learn about the barter system. One clear driveway = one new blouse.

Have you any experience being the father of a teenage girl??? My poor boys didn't get away with anything (with me anyhow-Mom different story), my daughter on the other hand learned at an early age that she could work me or her brothers into doing the work, she'd get the pay, and not figuring out until days later that we'd been had. LOL
 
73D71D10-103A-4E03-8D6B-45958148A878.webp
 
Snows to the north of us, winds to the south, here I am stuck in the middle with rain :apologetic:
 
Snows to the north of us, winds to the south, here I am stuck in the middle with rain :apologetic:

Sounds like a good place to be. That tornado looks like it meant business down there.
 
It's snowiiiiiiiing!! :boogie:
 
Rain, here, but getting colder.
Tomorrow we go to the Square H and pick up a new shiny. Photos later.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom