What's new

The Coffee House

Ended up with 22.37 for the week.
Got a needed wheel for the lawn tractor but have no bolt for it. Going to heat up some chicken tenders my Sister made.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
I hated the pigs feet, ox tail, head cheese, pig snoots & fried brains. The last time we had the fried brains everyone thought it tasted off.

CherylL bless your heart. I grew up on a farm, where we raised our own meat (chicken, pork & beef) and did our own processing. Not once did my parents/grandparents suggest pig snoots!!. There was pickled pigs feet, not all that bad - it's an acquired taste, fried brains & headcheese:tapedshut: :thumbno:, no way I will ever acquire a taste for it, I remember ox tail soup a couple times, that I only picked at, and fried Rocky Mountain Oysters were on the menu during season, with a LOT of mustard, they were palatable. :friendly_wink: Edited: And lots of beer. LOL
 
Last edited:
Not fried, but I know Zombies love brains...lol
 
I'm going to Tony's for dinner, I'm not eating with the rest of you hosers!!

I have some vague memory of pickled pigs' feet, etc. and yup, had farmers in the family! My grandma would eat the stuff none of the rest of us would touch.

The Easter bunny came by in a yellow race car, with him sitting in the passenger side waving a checkered flag out the window. I of course forgot and in my hurry to get to a window I just got a blurry shot! lol

And unless kids have food allergies etc. it's usually best to offer what is being served for dinner. Of course be realistic about what kids will eat and fix something they'd like, or if they don't want to eat at the time maybe let them have a simple snack later. If they're young they can go thru stages, or will eat something at home/school and not at the other place (go figure!), and it takes I forget how many times for young children to see a new food before they'll try it.
 
Mornin Y'all! After a cool, rainy couple of days, looks like we might have some clearing. Headed to early Church service, and maybe a little photography later today.

Just got the tracking update yesterday, I found a really good deal on a used Pentax SMC FA 50 mm 1.4, which should mate well with K1MII. Can't wait to try it. I'm in the process of replacing some the APS-C glass that doesn't provide a full image circle on the full frame.
 
I played with my NEX5 mirrorless camera a bit yesterday. It took a pretty nice picture of my Frankenseiko watch. But I kept trying to look through the eyepiece and it hasn't got one. Coming from AE1 and EOS650 the DSLR is the camera for me!
Just had fried eggs and bacon and toast.
Am at a standstill on pennies. The rolls in the current box have few shiny shield pennies. I have completely run out of 2018 to put at the ends of the rolls. Going to unwrap the machine rolled stuff I have and see if I can come up with some shield.
The bank had no power yesterday and I could have nipped the problem right if I could have gotten some Loomis rolls.
Oh the trials and tribulations of Poor Old Dave.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Frankenseiko! lol

Not doing much today, this respiratory thing is hanging on from last week, about the time I thought I was finally better I woke up stuffed up etc. again and not quie a ball of fire today.

But at least there's hockey on, World U18's and the last of the first round of NHL playoffs.

And, found Limr's enjoying Easter eggs!
 
Frankenseiko is a former Yobokies watch that I broke the stem on and then pulled the dial off the movement which cleared the hands off. The case is possibly SKX
But also possibly a Seiko 5 from back a ways. 4 o'clock crown that screws down but a bezel with no clicks that can go either way. That's the main reason I don't think SKX. Anyhow 5 and a half hours today.
Going to go get a box of pennies and then try to get some Loomis rolls at our bank.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Didn't expect it to arrive so soon, but in my mail today was the new (to me) Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4. Haven't had a chance to really work with it, but based on this shot, I think I'm going to like it. Already discovered that at wide open I'll likely need to stay on a tripod as my hand shake is to much for shake correction to overcome with such a thin DOF. ISO 200, f/1.4, 1/800.

flower20190422_0844.webp
 
Dagnabbit. I went by our bank again.
The black lady there is not Katherine who is very nice to me. Whoever this person is she seems to hate me.

We just had tacos and tostadas.
Banana pudding in a while.

Nice picture above!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Grand's 6 birthday party is Saturday. Looks like rain so no outdoors at the park. Plan B is the local skating rink which I am sure it is loud and not my favorite place to get the yearly video and photos. I'm taking photos for our grad student we are hosting from Panama sometime in the next week or more. Hopefully there will be some good sunny evenings.

Was in a big box drug store yesterday. At check out I reminded the clerk that the items were buy one and get one half off. She took a long pause and said no they are buy on and get one 50% off.
 
Some people. Good coffee.
Wednesday.
Have as good a Wednesday as is possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Was in a big box drug store yesterday. At check out I reminded the clerk that the items were buy one and get one half off. She took a long pause and said no they are buy on and get one 50% off.

With today's tech, it's only going to get worse. Isn't it amazing a retail store cannot sell anything when a power lapse occurs? The number of cashiers that can't count must double every few months:biglaugh:
 
Was in a big box drug store yesterday. At check out I reminded the clerk that the items were buy one and get one half off. She took a long pause and said no they are buy on and get one 50% off.

With today's tech, it's only going to get worse. Isn't it amazing a retail store cannot sell anything when a power lapse occurs? The number of cashiers that can't count must double every few months:biglaugh:

Not only can they not sell you anything when the power is off, most customers can't buy anything because they don't carry cash (me included!).
 
Ahh, yes! I am a plastic carrier as well. I have not returned to a semi-local camera store because they were cash only. Good point! I wonder whatever happened to those carbon copy sliding machines they used when credit cards first came in vogue?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom