What's new

The Coffee House

A main reason I keep my old Samsung 6 Active. It is beginning to mess up but my Sister just got a much newer phone and it scares me. Spaghetti tonight. Maybe cake or Blue Bell later but probably not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
There is an 18 Wheeler broke down In our parking lot. I suspect he isn't having a nice Friday. As for me. Waiting for the keyholder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Happy Friday, hosers! Glad this week is drawing to a close. Been a doozy.
 
Let the cooking begin. I'm hosting Easter as usual. Trying to come up with a menu is tricky with all of my picky eaters. I made little Easter baskets for the grands. Daughter doesn't want them to have much candy. I've got the plastic eggs filled with $ for the hunt.
 
@CherylL the other day at the farm store, they had just gotten a new shipment of chicks. Took a picture of them and texted DIL that we were buying some for granddaughter for Easter. Which got a rise out of her, so ever since I've been telling her they were coming to her house. They'll be out of town this weekend so we took her home after a visit today. As I was handing DIL her stuff, I mentioned, "I know you said no live chickens but these were to cute to pass up" and handed her the chicks. She was in mid chewing me out, before it registered. LOL

91s6bU-7bxL._SX522_.webp
 
Easter is our one holiday that we have dinner out. It's nice not to worry about cooking or cleaning up afterwards. When my daughter and nephew were little we always had dinner here with a very competitive Easter egg hunt afterwards. My step father would always hid one big money egg ($20) in a very high up spot for my older nephew (aka #1) to find. Once the 3 stooges found out (Princess and my 2 nephews, who are all 7 years younger than #1) they started trying to find that one first and would walk right past the candy and pocket change eggs... Princess still expects a basket each year. Now I typically fill it with some candy, hair scrunchies/headbands, a book and some small gifts.

Dinner suggestions when you have picky eaters - which we used to have... when Princess was younger she had 4 food groups - pizza, mac n cheese, chicken fingers and of course french fries. I would cook whatever the adults like to eat and then make chicken nuggets and frozen fries for the kids. Eventually they got curious and started trying the adult food.

Happy Easter everyone. Here is my annual favorite Easter post:

my-butt-hurts-what-happy-easter-326168.png
 
The Easter Bunny arrives Sat. morning, probably in an antique fire truck, but they sometimes change it up. Usually I forget and just catch him going by out the window! Santa I remember to watch for, the bunny not so much.

The World Under 18s hockey started tonight - I didn't realize it was on. Team USA is up 1 over Slovakia halfway into the 1st period. Looking up the schedule I see that the game was earlier so I already saw the score! kind of takes away the suspense.
 
Picky eaters? My mom had the solution for that. Eat what I make or go hungry. Lol. She's been gone about 14 years, but dad is the same way.

He cooks up 2 big hams, real mashed potatoes, gravy made from the ham drippings and a couple of vegetables. Usually carrots and harvard beets. (It's a German thing) There's always dinner rolls to mop your plate, and several pies. Now that mom is gone, they're usually store-bought, but he doesn't scrimp.

Same meal for as long as I can remember. Eat it, or don't. Most do and come for the ham. Not your typical ham. Drooling already.
 
Picky eaters? My mom had the solution for that. Eat what I make or go hungry. Lol.

My Dad was the same way. I hated the pigs feet, ox tail, head cheese, pig snoots & fried brains. The last time we had the fried brains everyone thought it tasted off. Even the dog got sick. Luckily that was scrapped from future menus.
 
I MUST be tired. I read pig snoots as pig snots.
 
As it happens the professional floor people were supposed to be here last night.
But they put it off for a week.
Last gasp of winter. 42 outside.
No rain supposed to be.
Good coffee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom