What's new

The Coffee House

You GOT people are so annoying. Only one more week of having to avoid social media for two full days each week. I'll be so thankful.

We need to talk about important things. Like sensor size and ISO and whatever.


Also -- it was great to meet @snowbear this weekend. Unfortunately, he caught me at a busy/under-staffed time. Hopefully, I'll be able to grab a beer with him next time.

Sounds like a plan, Jon. It was a pleasure to meet you and have a few words, at least.
As far as GOT - I read the first four books and felt they were well worth the free price that was offered at the time. I'm not interested in the TV series.
-----
Yesterday was chilly and overcast but we got a bunch of lazy_lobster's boxes moved. Today it's raining (snow in the mountains) so we will finish packing and move everything out tomorrow.

I made it to the coast yesterday afternoon. This is Ship Cove, a short hop (about 1/2 km / 1/3 mile) northwest of the Portland Head Lighthouse.

Ship Cove, Maine Pano.jpg
by Snowbear Photography, on Flickr
 
Don't forget to stop at the Maine Diner in Wells on your way home!
 
Hey y'all. 4 hours and whatever it took to have 10.30 for the week so far.
It's beginning to feel a lot like Texas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Don't forget to stop at the Maine Diner in Wells on your way home!

Wave when you pass through Melrose if you're taking rte 1 south.
 
Probably 495 so I'll use the sunroof for better altitude.

I will probably catch you in Quechhee, in June, if the fishing is lousy.
 
Oh man. Wednesday again.
Marquee among other things.
If the stars align I get paid today.
It sure is quiet except for the sound of the fan.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Got through Wednesday. 5 and I think 46 minutes. 16.16 for the week so far. I was told checks are here. So enjoying a pulled pork sammich with green beans and mashed potatoes. On the model building front. Wasted 2 foam boards so far trying to make a fuselage. The third try could be saved with tape and sandpaper. But was told what I already knew. By the time I buy all the electronics and a radio it would be cheaper to buy an RTF. Benny says the hobby shop he goes to has used planes starting at $75.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
There is a hobby shop here in town by appointment only. Benny is going to take me to the shop he goes to. I'm going to play it by ear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
At least two daytime international hockey games every day this week - I like it. There's no such thing as too much hockey.
 
Oh I know. Back in the 80s when Gary was alive I built the planes and he made them look fantastic. I had a Telemaster 40, a Beercat biplane that looked and flew fantastic and an old timer undercambered wing that was slow flying and lots of fun.
I had a .61 four stroke on the Telemaster and it sounded and looked great. Digital radios were just coming around and when Gary died I kinda stopped flying.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
There is a nearby RC field that I like to go to and photograph the planes. This is the largest I have seen there.

Mike and Plane 2.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom