What's new

The Coffee House

yes, actually. I bought a foldable hand-truck.

Part of it is that I need to have a photo-booth up and running for about an hour. My 2nd will run that during cocktail hour. Apparently it's common at asian weddings for the B&G to pose with every guest for a picture. I have a little 4x6 printer and everything.

I plan to just setup my large 3x4' softbox as a single light source just above and off camera-axis. But I'll bring a second stand and strobe just in case.

One of the D800s will be devoted to that. I'm borrowing it, used it before, and I think it has the back-focus problem. at f/8-11 it doesn't really matter. this will be set and forget.

My third strobe is a battery powered unit with a strobe head I can mount on a monopod and mount my 32" softbox on it for lighting for posed portraits. To use like this: https://wasabiphotography.com/in-re...8-behind-the-scenes-outtakes-05-2560x1707.jpg

Then the biggest problem is I'm supplying pretty much all the equipment for my second. He's going to be more of an assistant than a shooter, but needed to make sure we are both covered.
 
Last edited:
yes, actually. I bought a foldable hand-truck.

Good luck on the wedding!! May the weather be fair, the bride be a beauty, and the groom sober. LOL
 
I went to a visitation today and the woman loved to take photos. The family had her camera next to her.

that’s sweet
 
Chucking it down here today and very windy too.
 
Thank you Jessops for my shiny new Fuji Xpro2.

Congrats on the new camera. Why the Xpro2 and not a XT3?

I already have the X-T3 plus X-H1 and now the Xpro2, as I only want prime lenses now.

Are you using each one for something different? The camera bodies that is, not the lenses.

At the moment I`m using the three cameras for just my jazz gig shots, today I`m taking the X-T3 + XF50mm f2 and the Xpro2 + XF35mm f2. When it is a really dark pub gig I take the X-H1 + XF16mm f1.4.
 
Reminds me of how it was done back in the day, before zooms.

When I was in tenth grade, I was downtown and went by Blair House (DC) where visiting dignitaries tended to stay. I saw a few reporters at a police line at the end of the building and wandered over (with my Hi-Matic). I noticed one reporter had three bodies with different lenses - what was probably a 28 or 35, I'm sure a 50, and probably a 105.

A few minutes later, then Senator Edmund Musky and Golda Meir come over to talk with the reporters. I have a couple of slides, but in mom's house.
 
Golda Meir?? and a Hi Matic!! Cool to have gotten to be in that right place at that right time.

Rainy today and not sure about tomorrow so not sure what I'm doing tomorrow.
 
I am so sick of rain. If we haven't broken the record for the wettest year, we will shortly. Cruddy all week. Windy and raining all day. Now the temp plummeted and snowing like crazy. Guess parts of the Dakotas are impassable. Too early for this crap!
 
Hi all, cold and wet here, every time I try and get to do some photography something happens. Ach well such is life
 
Coming off of 120 days of continuous temperatures in excess of 90 degrees and drought conditions, it looks like summer is finally releasing it's grip on us. Rain showers have started moving through, and the highs in the low to mid 70's. Life is good!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom