What's new

The Coffee House

While I agree that hiding behind the skirts of diplomatic immunity is a cowardly act, as Compur states, right now, she only guilty by her trial in the court of public opinion. I think this might be an issue best left for the Subscriber's Forum...

OOOPs sorry I forgot about the Subcribers Forum.
 
Well it`s rained all day on & off, but thank god the sun might pop out tomorrow which will be nice as taking Mum out.
 
Making some chicken stir fry tonight. It's a pretty basic but super tasty and filling recipe that ticks all the boxes: sweet, savory, veggies, crunch, carbs and protein. I make it with homemade teriyaki sauce, jasmine rice, snow peas, carrots, zuchini, yellow peppers, green onion, sprouts and chicken breast in a stove-top wok. Princess has decided that my stir fry is her new favorite dish and she has been asking me to make it every day. It's a bit of a pita to make it from scratch so I say yes only once per week... Before this it was my homemade mac & cheese that she begged for and before that it was a different dish... usually her infatuation lasts about 4 months during which I get sick of whatever it is in about a month then I teach her how to make it so she can drive me nuts cooking it for herself and her friends over and over for about 3 months before she decides she's off it too. At least I can load my plate up with veggies and chicken and go light on the sauce and rice so it doesn't kill my diet.
 
We got presents at work, today: the new desktops and monitors arrived. We're going from four 24" monitors to two 42" or 48" (I don't recall which).

We're deep frying a turkey tomorrow or Wednesday. We tried getting a fryer last year but everyone was sold out, so we jumped on this one when it went on sale. We are looking at two herb marinades to try -- practice run before November since the sisters-in-law seem to be ready to celebrate this year.
 
Couple of grey clouds, but the rest is blue sky had forgotten what blue sky was so off to mums soon.
 
Finally it looks as if summer has relinquished it's grip on us. After 120 consecutive days above 90, even some triple digit record breaking days the first of this month, we have finally started to cool down. Three more days of highs in the mid 80's, then it's 70's from there on, my kind of weather.
 
We got presents at work, today: the new desktops and monitors arrived. We're going from four 24" monitors to two 42" or 48" (I don't recall which).

We're deep frying a turkey tomorrow or Wednesday. We tried getting a fryer last year but everyone was sold out, so we jumped on this one when it went on sale. We are looking at two herb marinades to try -- practice run before November since the sisters-in-law seem to be ready to celebrate this year.
I'll be interested in hearing how it turns out! This is something that I find interesting from a food prep viewpoint, but I'm very unlikely to ever try it on my own. It sounds messy, but maybe it isn't - and it's hard to get past Thanksgiving without hearing about someone who sets their deck on fire while doing it. :lol:
 
Lovely time and day at mums today, cold here now.
 
I got the new desktop and monitors set up, and cleaned up half of the work space. Before I could get everything else done, we lost power. I shut down (I have a large UPS so I can easily shut down safely) and switched over to the laptop to handle a few tasks. Someone from the director's office came in and told us wee had to go outside because the fire alarm was sounding (the alarm panel was sounding, not the actual alarm claxon). After about 20 minutes, we were given the all clear from fire activity, but the power was still out. Ultimately we were sent home - we couldn't even sing in to the servers.

We're deep frying a turkey tomorrow or Wednesday. We tried getting a fryer last year but everyone was sold out, so we jumped on this one when it went on sale. We are looking at two herb marinades to try -- practice run before November since the sisters-in-law seem to be ready to celebrate this year.
I'll be interested in hearing how it turns out! This is something that I find interesting from a food prep viewpoint, but I'm very unlikely to ever try it on my own. It sounds messy, but maybe it isn't - and it's hard to get past Thanksgiving without hearing about someone who sets their deck on fire while doing it. :lol:
That is always a concern. This one is electric, and designed for indoors. The maximum oil level (3.75 gallons) is at the half-way point of the tank so there shouldn't be any issue with displacement overflowing the tank. We shall see how it goes this weekend: we've decided to put it off because we normally don't get home soon enough to try it during the week. One of the biggest things to do is get the surface of the turkey absolutely dry; we all know water and oil don't mix but water and hot oil can be downright frightening.
 
I took a few photos of the 6 and 9 yo grands after school. Afterwards they wanted to take photos of me and their mother. I was nervous because I didn't have the strap on the 5D. They didn't drop it thankfully.
 
I took a few photos of the 6 and 9 yo grands after school. Afterwards they wanted to take photos of me and their mother. I was nervous because I didn't have the strap on the 5D. They didn't drop it thankfully.

no one uses my camera without the strap
 
Puppy cuteness

9CA48C37-424E-4D6F-BC06-B691F5346975.webp
 
I took a few photos of the 6 and 9 yo grands after school. Afterwards they wanted to take photos of me and their mother. I was nervous because I didn't have the strap on the 5D. They didn't drop it thankfully.

no one uses my camera without the strap
FTFY
 
Rain on and off here, but on a great note hope to pick up my new Xpro2 this week :)
 
I took a few photos of the 6 and 9 yo grands after school. Afterwards they wanted to take photos of me and their mother. I was nervous because I didn't have the strap on the 5D. They didn't drop it thankfully.

no one uses my camera without the strap
FTFY

When I have the tripod I let them push the button or use the remote. But, yes I was a tad careless yesterday. I bought the Fuji XP140 for them to use. It can be dropped from 8 feet.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom