What's new

The Coffee House

Mid 60s when we got to the restaurant last night (we still sat out on the patio). We decided to close the window before bed -- it was 46, overnight. :clap:
 
Mid 60s when we got to the restaurant last night (we still sat out on the patio). We decided to close the window before bed -- it was 46, overnight. :clap:
That sounds so lovely! It's so much better here, but still dry. We're sunny and mild, enjoying the last of the hummingbirds at the feeder. They're likely transitional birds, passing through while preparing for their big fall migration. The rain in the forecast is definitely welcome, and will likely be the end of hummer sightings. :)
 
Wow!!!!!!!!! Somebody is going to be in big trouble over this.
 
I am sooooooo happy that summer and Indian summer are finally gone!!

Did the brakes on the Mazda today. Now Ponch doesn't have to save me when my brakes fail just as I am heading down a California mountain road ;)

Also bought a new phone (to be delivered on Monday.) There was an issue with a notification for two phantom voicemails that kept showing up. Long story short, I spent much time interacting with Verizon customer service and technical support and we did everything short of a factory reset. Nothing worked. So the last thing left for me to try was a complete factory reset. Did that last night. We have yet to see if it worked.

The reason for the new phone, though, was because having to set up the phone (Samsung Galaxy s7) again as if it's new made me realize just how much I hate all the bloatware that comes from the manufacturer. It took me all day - and I'm still not quite done - just to basically strip down all the preloaded crap that I neither need nor want, and then to take the rest of the apps that I use and change all the defaults to turn off all of the auto-this and auto-that bullshit. It also reminded me of the fact that I never really liked this phone, and there were a few things that I downright hated.

And so, it's time for an unlocked Android One phone - good phones with a stripped-down stock OS - pure Android, with no preloaded crap from Samsung or LG or whatever. I chose the Nokia 7.2, which should get here on Monday.
 
Reminds me of how it was done back in the day, before zooms.

When I was in tenth grade, I was downtown and went by Blair House (DC) where visiting dignitaries tended to stay. I saw a few reporters at a police line at the end of the building and wandered over (with my Hi-Matic). I noticed one reporter had three bodies with different lenses - what was probably a 28 or 35, I'm sure a 50, and probably a 105.

A few minutes later, then Senator Edmund Musky and Golda Meir come over to talk with the reporters. I have a couple of slides, but in mom's house.

Wow Golda Meir and Edmund Musky? I haven't heard their names in ages.
 
Latest reports are saying at least 1 dead, 2 missing and a bunch injured. Scary how it just collapsed like that.
 
Gonna be mostly sunny and in the mid 60s today. Should be a good day to see the WWII battle reenactment at the American Heritage Museum :)
 
kill me now.

upload_2019-10-13_17-48-22.webp
 
I took 4419 images in a 15 hour period and now I have to process them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom