What's new

The Coffee House

Threading the needle wasn't too hard; I put some bee's wax on the fresh cut end. Tangles & thread breaks are a different matter. I either have to start over with a new zipper (can't un-sew the mess I have), or keep using the plastic bags. I'll pick up a zipper tomorrow,

The simple way would be to hand sew it, but I have to prove that I am smarter than the machine.
 
Oh wait, are you trying to sew into plastic??! if so, good luck with that! lol If not, I don't know why you'd be getting thread breaking, although zippers can be kind of tricky. Are you using a zipper foot? Let us know what the machine thinks as to who's smarter!

I've got that zither music stuck again in my head, but I had to watch something between hockey games.
 
Last edited:
No plastic.
 
Good, I realized I probably read that wrong!

It's the 55th anniversary of Canada's red & white flag signifying their independence. Interesting the things I learn with my hockey.

If the Rideau Canal (in Ottawa) is frozen and being skated on I guess no one can drop kick the Stanley Cup or anything else into it. (That supposedly happened in early days of the NHL, or maybe even before; the Cup seems to have 9 lives and then some.)
 
Hi all still getting hammered here, had to drive on m27/A27 wind was blowing cars sideways. Still more to come got to see how bad the sea is overtopping in an hour.
Saw the posts, thanks everyone for your thoughts
 
Glad you were able to check in, hang in there.
 
Was going to go to the beach and take some shots of storm Dennis, but not a cat in hells chance as it`s far to dangerous to go out in this weather now.
 
Glad to hear you're all getting through it.
 
Thanks all, the met office had removed the storm warnings. There are still very strong winds and big waves
There are still stupid people walking on the beach going #oh look at the big waves and how close they are#
 
Gotta wonder about people sometimes. Glad you were able to check in and made it thru.
 
There are some really daft people out there, yesterday I had to drive on a27 m27 it was a hell of a drive in the wind. Whilst driving thro portchester and there were police ambulance and coast guard out by the waters edge
Did not stop and gawk
 
Hi all, storm winds still battering us here, getting some damage now, so far #touch wood# all small things. Others have on the island not been so lucky.
 
Hi all, storm winds still battering us here, getting some damage now, so far #touch wood# all small things. Others have on the island not been so lucky.
Fingers crossed that it doesn't got worse
 
We’re expecting some mild winter weather this week. 30’s and 40’s with sun. Usually February is our nastiest month but I suspect the worst has passed and we’ll have some warm days late in the month and a warm March followed by the usual freezing and rainy April - the worst New England month imo!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom