What's new

The Coffee House

Starting to count the costs here, just stared to get hammered by the next storm. Have not even really had chance to clear up from the last one
 
Starting to count the costs here, just stared to get hammered by the next storm. Have not even really had chance to clear up from the last one

stay safe!
 
Thanks will do staying in doors as much as poss. Clearing up can wait, the damage can also wait, not worth getting injured over
 
Getting ready for the next storm, just got some of the last storm damage sorted.
Sand bags ready, storm board in place, loss of phone and power are possible so if iam not here you know why,
 
Eek! Sounds like it's going to be a bad storm, Ok. Stay safe!
 
Happy V Day photo nerds! Hope you’re all enjoying some wine and chocolates!
 
Dennis is now here.
 
I've dusted off the sewing machine and spent 20 minutes trying to get it threaded. The new meter's case does not have a zippered pocket like the old one, only an open pocket, so it's not easy to store the lancets. I'm trying to make a zippered pouch to put in the pocket.

I've only sewed one thing before; a costume for one of the kids, and that was 20 years ago.
 
I've dusted off the sewing machine and spent 20 minutes trying to get it threaded. The new meter's case does not have a zippered pocket like the old one, only an open pocket, so it's not easy to store the lancets. I'm trying to make a zippered pouch to put in the pocket.

I've only sewed one thing before; a costume for one of the kids, and that was 20 years ago.
Should be like falling off a log. Just don't let a needle drive through your painting finger! :eek:
 
Leo, get out your zither, 'The Third Man' is on TCM again shortly.

Hope Katomi is OK. Great picture, Dave. I wondered who's Dennis? then realized that must be the name of the storm.

Sunny here but kind of windy. This respiratory thing is hanging on as usual, so don't feel up to par enough to go to a hockey game, gonna wait and catch the next one.
 
Charlie, I do hand sewing (haven't sewn on a machine in ages but learned how from my mom) and I cut the thread at an angle, so there's a teeny tiny edge/point to the end of the thread. ( Using nice sharp scissors, I have separate ones for fabric/thread, and others for paper and the old junky pair in my junk drawer for cutting open junk)

And I moisten the end of the thread usually, give it a lick just enough to dampen it a bit. Then hold it really really really close to the end of the thread. And look over the top of your glasses or take them off! at least I'd probably have to.

Speaking of... glad it was nothing worse at the eye Dr. I had something similar, but the Dr. could see it before it was symptomatic I guess, he saw a slight bleed. I had to go to a retina specialist and they zapped the blood vessels back there to cauterize them. Glad there's laser eye surgery, better than what used to be! Hope yours gets taken care of OK.
 
Leo, get out your zither, 'The Third Man' is on TCM again shortly.

Hope Katomi is OK. Great picture, Dave. I wondered who's Dennis? then realized that must be the name of the storm.

Sunny here but kind of windy. This respiratory thing is hanging on as usual, so don't feel up to par enough to go to a hockey game, gonna wait and catch the next one.


Thank you, and yes Dennis is the name of this storm. At the moment it`s quite bad out and they say tomorrow will be worse.
 
Got all bundled up this morning like an Alaskan mailman to try to get some frozen bubble shots. Temp said 12 degrees but in the sun it was more like 20. The bubbles need 17 degrees or less to freeze. No go. By the time they started to freeze it was too late - bubble would break. Tried in the shade and was a bit more successful but without the back lighting it’s just meh. Going to download them and double check but I think I got zilch!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom