What's new

The Coffee House

If you click on his avatar it usually gives a link to recent activity and you can see if there are any postings. I don’t recall him posting in any threads I’ve seen recently.
 
Tonight - Beanpot!!!!!!!!!! Go Doghouse dwellers!


edit - 'A lot of barkin's going to be going on' according to the announcer doing color.

BU Terriers v. NU Huskies, Dog Pound v. Doghouse.
 
Last edited:
Hi all 0052 GMT
Just about high water, awake watching, to see if there is going to be a problem. So far all ok another 2 hours and I can relax.
Hope all of you are ok, I know others are getting hammered as well.
Hope that Smoke is ok.
 
Has anybody seen Smoke on here? or elsewhere? I don't think I've seen him on in awhile and was thinking weren't there storms/tornadoes in Alabama? Didn't see much about it. Seems like he loses power at a few drops of rain so I hope if anything he's OK even if they lost power, and that he just hasn't been able to get on here.
"Talked" to him not too long ago. He's taking a break from TPF for a bit.
 
Hi all, still being hammered. Looks like we are going to loose the back gate and some of the fencing.
Noting I can do about it, until the storm is over.
Flood warnings extended until Thursday, so a few more sleepless nights to come.
 
I went downtown to the Federal GIS Conference this morning. I was going o meet up with one of the Deputy Chiefs and introduce him to our GUS account people so he could get some ideas.

But I am on the way to the eye doctor, I started getting some flashes of light in the left eye and I have some pretty persistent “floaters.” MLW pushed me to do it now, and not wait a week or so.
 
Good luck at the eye doc!
 
I guess you mean you're in the waiting room, after getting those eye drops that dilate...

Glad you went to the Dr., my mom's had umpteen eye surgeries since I was in high school, and I think sudden floaters etc. can be an indication of something. At least now they can correct many things with lasers or simpler procedures than what they used to do. I'll spare you what my mom had done back in the day...

Keep us posted. Or should I be typing like this til after the eye drops wear off?
 
Last edited:
Northeastern U. won the Beanpot in a three-pot! Lively game.
 
I'm back home. The first ophthalmologist said there was some bleeding at the back of the one eye, but the retina looked OK. He sent me upstairs to a retina specialist to make sure, so I got dilated, yet again. Everything looks good, but I need to go back in two weeks to make sure.
 
I'm back home. The first ophthalmologist said there was some bleeding at the back of the one eye, but the retina looked OK. He sent me upstairs to a retina specialist to make sure, so I got dilated, yet again. Everything looks good, but I need to go back in two weeks to make sure.
Ugh. Glad everything seems to be okay, that's the bottom line. :icon_hug: But still - ugh!
 
Morning all, wet and windy here today just getting ready for storm Dennis as it`s going to be a wet windy and wild weekend again.
 
Woke up to snow this morning, already turning to sleet. Supposed to switch over to rain by mid-morning, hopefully that'll wash all the snow away.
 
Temps dropped drastically in 24 hours. -10 this morning. But the high winds today are supposed to make it miserable. Then back into the 30s this weekend. :boggled:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom