What's new

The Coffee House

Re jeff15 post
On the choice of food and so on
I can see when the virus is over there will be a lot of changes, and probably there will no longer be the vast range of food or other items to choose from. How long this will be for who knows.
 
I was talking to a co-worker yesterday and we were discussing the future of world travel after all this is over and whether people will become more isolationist and travel less? Especially on cruise ships.
 
We have been on some cruises and I often thought while onboard ship what would happen if a disease broke out. Now we know.....
 
I was talking to a co-worker yesterday and we were discussing the future of world travel after all this is over and whether people will become more isolationist and travel less? Especially on cruise ships.

I wonder HOW a place like Disney or Universal Parks are going to fare after this? Are people really going to feel comfortable being packed liked sardines in those parks? Concert venues, Broadway etc!!??
 
We're in day 20 of our self imposed shelter in place at the suggestion of DW's oncologist. The days are starting to run together and the humor is turning more sinister. I would suggest that this cartoon could easily apply to either gender.
91052723_10218857756329537_1836963581287989248_n.webp
 
We have been on some cruises and I often thought while onboard ship what would happen if a disease broke out. Now we know.....

I thought the cruise ships and cruise lines themselves handled it pretty well considering the circumstances. It’s just definitely a situation that I would not want to find myself in.
 
I was talking to a co-worker yesterday and we were discussing the future of world travel after all this is over and whether people will become more isolationist and travel less? Especially on cruise ships.

I wonder HOW a place like Disney or Universal Parks are going to fare after this? Are people really going to feel comfortable being packed liked sardines in those parks? Concert venues, Broadway etc!!??

We love Universal and Disney (although with Disney we are all set with the current way you have to plan everything so far in advance so we have likely visited for the last time). But, it is not possible to avoid germs there no matter what you do. Being a bit aware, it is possible to avoid the germs you pick up by contact if you are careful of where you put your hands and use wipes/hand sanitizer liberally and don't touch your face but you can't avoid the close contact germs. No matter how hard we try, we have never come home from a place like that and not caught something. Plus the flying doesn't help...
 
An elderly resident became the first person to die from our town of the coronavirus. 29 cases confirmed and 1 death. very scary and upsetting. 29 seems like a lot to me but even though I sometimes call it a town and it does have a small town feel, technically we are a city and our population here is about 29,000.
 
Sorry to hear about the death in your town . We are a small island, Hayling Island, and the village here has still got that sm village life. Everyone know everyone else and there are no secrets. Look at all the local shops here and can’t wonder if they will still be there after this is over.
 
0ED05C2F-3494-428B-B6B7-B48C0E1AE925.webp
Iam having problems with my balanced diet.
Trying to find enough chocolate to balance the apple
 
My wife and I have been self isolating for three weeks.

VHDzuAl.jpg
 
Good morning hosers.

MLW had to go to the office, yesterday, and has to report o the EOC this morning. At least her department canceled the Admin Leave for the other Aides (everyone in the Fire/EMS Department is considered essential), so at least there isn't a group of them sitting on their butts getting paid for nothing (Admin Leave is just that - paid time off).
 
Social distancing Australian Style .
View attachment 189286

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
While I grant that the Ku (Kangaroo Unit, a distance equal to 4 Wu or Wallaby Units) is a handy measurement, I think you need to re-evaluate your positioning. The Ku begins against the arm of the arm of the right-hand person, yet goes all the way to the leg of the left-hand person, meaning that the person on the left is a good six inches, or approximately 1/4 Wu closer to the center than the one on the right....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom