What's new

The Coffee House

Starting to feel like we are living in one of those apocalypse movies. :icon_eek:
I was out at the supermarket over the weekend, and they’re in full social distancing mode. Additional queues to get to registers, signs everywhere, cashiers behind plexiglass, and they had a recurring message over the loudspeakers saying, “Due to COVID-19, please maintain a distance of at least 6-feet away from other customers to abide by social distancing recommendations.”

Creepy. Very sci-fi-esque.
 
Starting to feel like we are living in one of those apocalypse movies. :icon_eek:
I was out at the supermarket over the weekend, and they’re in full social distancing mode. Additional queues to get to registers, signs everywhere, cashiers behind plexiglass, and they had a recurring message over the loudspeakers saying, “Due to COVID-19, please maintain a distance of at least 6-feet away from other customers to abide by social distancing recommendations.”

Creepy. Very sci-fi-esque.

Yesterday, I had to stand on line to get into the grocery store because they're only allowing a certain number of people in the store at any given time. There were cones to mark 6 feet. There was an employee at the entrance managing the line and offering gloves to everyone who went in. There was an employee who managed the cashier lines. As spooky as it all was, it was also very impressive and comforting to see how they were handling things.

My own personal silver lining to all of it is that I finally - finally! - get some relief from the anxiety I feel at how close people usually stand next to each other on lines. Apparently, 5-6 feet is my true comfort zone.
 
Starting to feel like we are living in one of those apocalypse movies. :icon_eek:
I was out at the supermarket over the weekend, and they’re in full social distancing mode. Additional queues to get to registers, signs everywhere, cashiers behind plexiglass, and they had a recurring message over the loudspeakers saying, “Due to COVID-19, please maintain a distance of at least 6-feet away from other customers to abide by social distancing recommendations.”

Creepy. Very sci-fi-esque.

Yesterday, I had to stand on line to get into the grocery store because they're only allowing a certain number of people in the store at any given time. There were cones to mark 6 feet. There was an employee at the entrance managing the line and offering gloves to everyone who went in. There was an employee who managed the cashier lines. As spooky as it all was, it was also very impressive and comforting to see how they were handling things.

My own personal silver lining to all of it is that I finally - finally! - get some relief from the anxiety I feel at how close people usually stand next to each other on lines. Apparently, 5-6 feet is my true comfort zone.
Very good point! I was definitely happy to see how well it was handled. Our supermarket wasn’t restricting the number of shoppers at once, but other stores around here have been (e.g., Costco).
 
The little convenience store across the street from my house, however, is an entirely different story. That place seems to have as many cars in front of it as it always had. And I'd bet money that it's full of townies who think this is all a hoax. No WAY I'm stepping foot in that place without a hazmat suit unless it's absolutely and critically necessary. Luckily, I rarely go in there anyway, so it's not like I'm missing out on anything by not going in there now.
 
I have learned two things from all of this: I can very easily get used teleworking, and I really am ready for retirement.
Really, there are four, but I won't go into government incompetence and the general stupidity of people, in this thread
 
We have 24 cases in our town now including someone who worked for the DPW for his whole life and is very well known. His son says he went downhill in a matter of days and is on a ventilator in critical condition. Very glad we have been staying in.

Sadly the number of cases keep rising. We've been staying in and our daughter dropped off groceries last week. The local produce market opened last week and offer free delivery. Placed an order for tomorrow. They take photos or video each morning of what is in stock and post on FB. They only have whole milk and no skim so daughter is picking that up for me and of course her Dad's beer. He told me to suck it up and drink whole milk and I told him I don't like drinking butter.

Our neighbor returned recently from the Ukraine. He is a pastor here in town and was on mission trip. He self quarantined to be safe and after a few days tested positive for the virus. There are only a handful of confirmed cases on the east side, but in St. Louis it is rising daily. There are still people around here not taking it seriously.
 
I was trying to be good so I ordered a very small bag of Hershey’s kisses with my Target grocery delivery for when we want a little something sweet, instead of baking a whole cake or too many cookies... and they substituted the mega size 3lb bag
 
I was trying to be good so I ordered a very small bag of Hershey’s kisses with my Target grocery delivery for when we want a little something sweet, instead of baking a whole cake or too many cookies... and they substituted the mega size 3lb bag
That’s a win in my book! Our supermarket has stopped doing substitutions during this time. Fine by me, because their substitutions were terrible anyways.
 
I was trying to be good so I ordered a very small bag of Hershey’s kisses with my Target grocery delivery for when we want a little something sweet, instead of baking a whole cake or too many cookies... and they substituted the mega size 3lb bag

SCORE!!!
 
I was trying to be good so I ordered a very small bag of Hershey’s kisses with my Target grocery delivery for when we want a little something sweet, instead of baking a whole cake or too many cookies... and they substituted the mega size 3lb bag
:bouncingsmileys:
 
I can see you people are going to be absolutely no help at all with my goal of 0 weight gain during the quarantine.
 
I can see you people are going to be absolutely no help at all with my goal of 0 weight gain during the quarantine.
Don't think of it as weight gain; rather think of it as helping the environment by increasing your personal 'R' value, and thus reducing the need to heat your home next winter!
 
I can see you people are going to be absolutely no help at all with my goal of 0 weight gain during the quarantine.

Our problem with this is that we are not able to buy exactly what we are used to, yes we can get food we will not starve but we just have not got the choice....
 
87BAAA36-45A2-4126-9A1F-78A13A2411EB.webp
Some people have less problems with staying in esp if there is some sun to lay in
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom