What's new

The Coffee House

Did our running - we had to take the Honda up for a windshield. swing by the credit union and the P.O. Box. I figured, since we were in the area, we'd go by Wegman's. Nope, big ol' line waiting to get in; there's nothing we need that badly.

If you have Amazon Prime and there is a Whole Foods near you... download the Prime Now app. Use the app to place a WF order and when you get to the delivery page change “delivery” to “pick up”. They will give you a pick up time and text you when your order is ready. For us last week it was 1 hour. When you get the text you drive up and open the trunk. Stay in the car. They put the groceries in the back and off you go. Super convenient and no contact.
 
No Whole Foods here; I think the closest ones are about an hour away. MLW has to go to the office on Thursday & Friday, so she'll just hit the local Giant (Stop & Shop, up there) on the way home. Giant also has a "Senior Hour" in the early morning, that I might try. They also have a Pea Pod delivery service, though I don't know much about it.

I ordered my BP and T2 meds & test supplies, yesterday, so that should be at the POB by Friday. The insurance company was getting real anal about reorder dates. They would not authorize payment until it was at least 30 days from the previous order (I ran out, once because the pharmacy had to order something), so I finally resigned to their bulk mail-out plan, where they are a bit more lenient.

Well, well; the girl at the end of the bar is asking to be petted.
 
No Whole Foods here; I think the closest ones are about an hour away. MLW has to go to the office on Thursday & Friday, so she'll just hit the local Giant (Stop & Shop, up there) on the way home. Giant also has a "Senior Hour" in the early morning, that I might try. They also have a Pea Pod delivery service, though I don't know much about it.

I ordered my BP and T2 meds & test supplies, yesterday, so that should be at the POB by Friday. The insurance company was getting real anal about reorder dates. They would not authorize payment until it was at least 30 days from the previous order (I ran out, once because the pharmacy had to order something), so I finally resigned to their bulk mail-out plan, where they are a bit more lenient.

Well, well; the girl at the end of the bar is asking to be petted.

Pea Pod delivers for our local S&S but good luck getting a delivery date. They are booked weeks out.
 
5qczIuu.jpg
 
No Whole Foods here; I think the closest ones are about an hour away. MLW has to go to the office on Thursday & Friday, so she'll just hit the local Giant (Stop & Shop, up there) on the way home. Giant also has a "Senior Hour" in the early morning, that I might try. They also have a Pea Pod delivery service, though I don't know much about it.

I ordered my BP and T2 meds & test supplies, yesterday, so that should be at the POB by Friday. The insurance company was getting real anal about reorder dates. They would not authorize payment until it was at least 30 days from the previous order (I ran out, once because the pharmacy had to order something), so I finally resigned to their bulk mail-out plan, where they are a bit more lenient.

Well, well; the girl at the end of the bar is asking to be petted.

Pea Pod delivers for our local S&S but good luck getting a delivery date. They are booked weeks out.
Not really worried about going there, just the line to get in.
 
Re terry g
Forget NSFW
NSBT not safe before tea
Terry g I have another for you BUMF
All those old magazines and papers cut into squares and threaded on string.
BUMF bum fodder
 
Well photography speaking not been doing much. I have been making the most of the fine sunny day.
However, I have just set a trail cam... Mrs bought it for B day few years ago, we decided to set it up today to see what our girls (hens ) got up to at night. Could be interesting.
 
No Whole Foods here; I think the closest ones are about an hour away. MLW has to go to the office on Thursday & Friday, so she'll just hit the local Giant (Stop & Shop, up there) on the way home. Giant also has a "Senior Hour" in the early morning, that I might try. They also have a Pea Pod delivery service, though I don't know much about it.

I ordered my BP and T2 meds & test supplies, yesterday, so that should be at the POB by Friday. The insurance company was getting real anal about reorder dates. They would not authorize payment until it was at least 30 days from the previous order (I ran out, once because the pharmacy had to order something), so I finally resigned to their bulk mail-out plan, where they are a bit more lenient.

Well, well; the girl at the end of the bar is asking to be petted.

Pea Pod delivers for our local S&S but good luck getting a delivery date. They are booked weeks out.
Not really worried about going there, just the line to get in.

Avoid it if you can. My aunt went to the grocery store yesterday and was telling me how the other customers invaded her space quite a bit. They were not wearing masks and were not keeping a safe distance.
 
Just tried to put a grocery order in for pickup. First of all, they are now making people wait to even get into the website. Then I finally get in, put my order together, and then go to choose a spot for pick-up. Last time I did so, I had to wait several days but it wasn't too bad. This time, I went all the way out to April 13th and there was not a single spot available.

Looks like I'll be making a mask and just going to the store myself.
 
Just tried to put a grocery order in for pickup. First of all, they are now making people wait to even get into the website. Then I finally get in, put my order together, and then go to choose a spot for pick-up. Last time I did so, I had to wait several days but it wasn't too bad. This time, I went all the way out to April 13th and there was not a single spot available.

Looks like I'll be making a mask and just going to the store myself.

Try again in a few days. Did you do Prime now with WF? I read online that grocery deliveries and pick ups are super busy right now because a lot of people just got their first unemployment check.
 
upload_2020-4-5_23-36-11.webp
 

Attachments

  • upload_2020-4-5_23-36-11.webp
    upload_2020-4-5_23-36-11.webp
    55.1 KB · Views: 70
Just tried to put a grocery order in for pickup. First of all, they are now making people wait to even get into the website. Then I finally get in, put my order together, and then go to choose a spot for pick-up. Last time I did so, I had to wait several days but it wasn't too bad. This time, I went all the way out to April 13th and there was not a single spot available.

Looks like I'll be making a mask and just going to the store myself.

Try again in a few days. Did you do Prime now with WF? I read online that grocery deliveries and pick ups are super busy right now because a lot of people just got their first unemployment check.

Huh - realize I never hit post on this.

Yeah, I might try again in a day or two, or if I decide to just go in person, I'll do a drive-by to see how they're handling it all, and if I don't like it, there are several other stores nearby that I can try.

I don't do the Amazon Prime with Whole Foods. The closest Whole Foods is about 25 miles away, and even though it's in a city very close to where I work, it's a major pita to park and wasn't worth the trouble, so I never bothered. And they don't deliver to my zip code. I'm too far in the sticks ;)
 
Just relaxing with a wee dram, no tv, in a few moments going to log off set up head phones and sit back and let the music flow. Ok bat out of hell by meat loaf may not be classical but I relax to it
Night all.
 
Just relaxing with a wee dram, no tv, in a few moments going to log off set up head phones and sit back and let the music flow. Ok bat out of hell by meat loaf may not be classical but I relax to it
Night all.

One of the best concerts I’ve ever been to was Meatloaf outside on a warm beautiful night. Everyone singing along to every word of Paradise by the Dashboard Light, 50 year olds getting stoned with 20 somethings, and then to cement the memory forever - listening to the news of the OJ Simpson bronco chase on the radio on the way home! Surreal.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom