What's new

The Coffee House

We we’re both happy to see each other again. We’ll try to get back here in a few years when we finally retire. I’d like to take the train from San Diego up to Seattle, and spend a couple days in a few places. MLW likes the idea.

Today is the start of the conference. I hit the zoo yesterday; only took a few snaps. Total walking count for the day was 9.4 miles and 8 stories of stairs (I walked down one big hill and up another).

Heading down to Convention Center; have camera with me.
 
Grandson was in town last week. I made the 4 out of styrofoam insulation board and painted. Added the balloon valance.

063022_004SmWeb.webp
 
Nice job, Cheryl.

I found an Irish pub two blocks from the hotel, so sausage roll, fish and chips, and a half and half for dinner. I’ll swing by the Cat Cafe on Wednesday or Thursday.
 
Last edited:
Nice job, Cheryl.

I found an Irush pub two blocks from the hotel, so sausage roll, fish and chips, and a half and half for dinner. I’ll swing by the Cat Cafe on Wednesday or Thursday.
Missed your posts on Saturday - didn't know you were in SB. Next time check out Uncle Rocco's famous NY Pizza!
 
Missed your posts on Saturday - didn't know you were in SB. Next time check out Uncle Rocco's famous NY Pizza!
I’ll look it up.
I climbed a bunch of steps yesterday and pulled calf muscles, so today is flat walking to stretch and escalators. A lot of sessions but a little free time this afternoon to swing by the training area or the store. I’ll go through the vendor area but won’t talk to any of them, otherwise I get a load of emails for three months. They are sales people.
 
Afternoon all, still alive but have been getting treated for skin cancer. Had a nice big bit of my inner thigh removed and now have the stitches out thank god, so just waiting for my results.
 
I’ll look it up.
I climbed a bunch of steps yesterday and pulled calf muscles, so today is flat walking to stretch and escalators. A lot of sessions but a little free time this afternoon to swing by the training area or the store. I’ll go through the vendor area but won’t talk to any of them, otherwise I get a load of emails for three months. They are sales people.
Take it easy bear! It’s a marathon.
Afternoon all, still alive but have been getting treated for skin cancer. Had a nice big bit of my inner thigh removed and now have the stitches out thank god, so just waiting for my results.
So sorry to hear this Dave. I have gone a few rounds with squamous cell skin cancer on my lower legs and getting cut up is not a pleasant experience. I hope your results come back clear.
 
Today was a waste. I made it to one session, and my phone got locked up. I wasn’t able to connect to the conference schedule with Safari but Chrome would and Safari on the iPad would (the problem started last night). I prefer Safari on the phone so I reset it and when I went to re-create the pass key / password I must have jumbled something because I couldn’t get back in. Ultimately I had to take the trolley a few miles north to the local Apple store and have the phone reinitialized and mostly restored with the iPad. I pretty much missed all of the sessions I intended to attend.

I did go to dinner with a former coworker and his wife. Erick was in my office but is now with San Diego water.

Tomorrow is a light schedule with a side trip to the Cat Cafe, where I’ll get a chance to play with some adoptable kitties. 😍🐱
 
Today was a waste. I made it to one session, and my phone got locked up. I wasn’t able to connect to the conference schedule with Safari but Chrome would and Safari on the iPad would (the problem started last night). I prefer Safari on the phone so I reset it and when I went to re-create the pass key / password I must have jumbled something because I couldn’t get back in. Ultimately I had to take the trolley a few miles north to the local Apple store and have the phone reinitialized and mostly restored with the iPad. I pretty much missed all of the sessions I intended to attend.

I did go to dinner with a former coworker and his wife. Erick was in my office but is now with San Diego water.

Tomorrow is a light schedule with a side trip to the Cat Cafe, where I’ll get a chance to play with some adoptable kitties. 😍🐱

That is a reason for paper, and posted schedules.
 
Must be the day for I pad problems I just spent two hours on mums trying to sort it out….. someone had turned on voice over sorted now
 
MLW just called. Pretty bad storm last night and the AC in the living room and TV are not working. She hit the resets on the devices without succes. I asked her to check breakers in basement. Lights behind bar are also out. Realized there was a puddle on the floor. She verified two breakers were tripped but left them alone until the puddle is mopped up. The puddle is probably from the freezer which we know is broken. I guess I’ll make getting it out a priority when I get back.
 
Went to the State and Local Government social, drank a couple cups of water, took a few photos of sailboats going by, and left after about an hour. I just wasn’t in the social mood, I guess. Maybe tomorrow night will be better at the big geogeek party.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom