RIP: Olivia Newton-John
This is a sad coincidence. Olivia Newton-John died Aug 8, 2022. Most of my life I was not particularly a fan of hers, or her songs, or her acting. I liked it all well enough, but I never bought her records and never went to see her movies. Back in the 80's there was a *lot* going on, so the stuff to which I paid money towards were, well, in truth I do not even remember. I'd actually have to do research just to be sure.
Now here is the coincidence: Back around 2020 - 2021, a number of clips were posted to YouTube, and I re-discovered "Xanadu". "Grease" was never a big attraction to me, and "Xanadu" was even less so back then. But this time around I found that I liked the "Xanadu" sound track. A quick check back then told me that Olivia Newton-John was still alive. I did not expect that I'd necessarily see anything new from her, since she was in her '70s and seemed to be retired. But in the back of my mind, it was nice to know that she was still around, and maybe it was possible she might produce something. Maybe a book might come out. You never know. . . .
So what do I know about her? Aside from the fact that she was talented and pretty, she seemed to be a nice person, and I think her final years were generally happy. I just wish I had sent her a "fan mail" note a couple of years ago, when it might have counted.
[Added 2022-08-12 15:52]
This is a clip I found before but lost:
"
Xanadu | "Suspended in Time" - Olivia Newton-John & Electric Light Orchestra", "Universal Pictures", posted to YouTube Jun 16, 2021, [length 3:54]
"
"