The Coffee House

I do love these New Fuji Primes, now have the XF18mm XF33mm and hope to have the new XF23mm in a couple of days.

Cheryl: I can't wait to see the finished project. I like the look of the wood.

I didn't sign on this morning to catch spammers; I was up after midnight trying to get some GIS database updates done. I forgot to do them before, so I had to stay up, and they can take a while.

Going to dinner with MLW and FSIL tonight. Finally getting to a Brazilian Steakhouse we've been meaning to try. Also picking up the Jeep compressor while we are in FSIL's town; wish I'd had it Saturday, but the club had me covered.

Well I had only been back home a minute when a knock on our door, it was the delivery from the Fuji shop online delivered my lovely XF23mm f1.4 WR. One happy bunny as now have the three new primes.

Well I had only been back home a minute when a knock on our door, it was the delivery from the Fuji shop online delivered my lovely XF23mm f1.4 WR. One happy bunny as now have the three new primes.
Spend those pounds while you can Fujidave! We are all hoping for a quick bounce back for GB economy.

Spend those pounds while you can Fujidave! We are all hoping for a quick bounce back for GB economy.

That's why I got the primes now before it gets far worse here sadly, will test out the XF23mm f1.4 WR tomorrow as it is now on my X-S10.

For all the TPF friends still on the coast of Florida in the path of the hurricane. You're braver than I am. For those of you who left my prayers that the damage is minimal.
last_great_act_of_defiance.jpg

I don't get the cartoon. Well, I get it - but not in relation to the hurricane. Is the bird the hurricane? IMO it's more stupidity than defiance to not evacuate when there is advance notice of what is coming. Looking at the news videos on this it's scary that some people would put their lives at risk in something like this if it could be avoided. I've even seen some idiots going swimming during the eye. I hope my tax dollars are not going to be used to rescue morons from themselves.

@SquarePeg defiance of anything bigger than you is relevant, though in the case of many that didn't leave I'm not sure it was defiance as much as no other choice. We have some friends in the path that evacuated to hotels out of danger, but on the news there's a lot of elderly and low income staying because they don't have the means to get away.. Our daughter has a 1st floor investment condo in Ft Myers. Her renters evacuated but she's not hopeful that it will survive. We have family further inland, that are in the path, but they're high enough that flooding shouldn't be a problem. They boarded up and braced the windows, stocked up on food and water, and filled up the generator gas cans, not their first storm.

I wonder why people stay, but realize that some don't have the means to stay in a motel etc. elsewhere. Just now making landfall I think. Hope it's not too bad for people there, but already power outages.

I haven't been on here since I got home. Long delay, long story, but I had to get help to get out of there. Found resources for patient advocacy thru our official state website. Never should have taken so long to get me a hospital bed for home, at least I kept copies of things like a fax from a supplier that the nursing home didn't print and give me for almost a week (then trying to bill me for room and board, I had no need to still be there). What a mess. Ended up renting a bed for now, lucky to have med supply place in the area.

But at least I'm home!! just worn out from it all, and now a little under the weather from the weather! usual respiratory stuff. It got cold!! and cloudy but not actually raining, just gloomy. I can't get warm, too long in a stuffy rehab facility. Turned on the heat and keep edging up the temp a notch. I usually like it on the cool side.

@vintagesnaps some stay out of fear that looters will take everything, some stay because they don't have any other option, and some stay because they're foolish. The beaches along the southern coasts are nice places to visit, but Mother Nature likes to remind everyone she doesn't like them overstaying their visit.

Wasn't aware you were having health problems, hope you're on the mend quickly!

I wonder why people stay, but realize that some don't have the means to stay in a motel etc. elsewhere. Just now making landfall I think. Hope it's not too bad for people there, but already power outages.

I haven't been on here since I got home. Long delay, long story, but I had to get help to get out of there. Found resources for patient advocacy thru our official state website. Never should have taken so long to get me a hospital bed for home, at least I kept copies of things like a fax from a supplier that the nursing home didn't print and give me for almost a week (then trying to bill me for room and board, I had no need to still be there). What a mess. Ended up renting a bed for now, lucky to have med supply place in the area.

But at least I'm home!! just worn out from it all, and now a little under the weather from the weather! usual respiratory stuff. It got cold!! and cloudy but not actually raining, just gloomy. I can't get warm, too long in a stuffy rehab facility. Turned on the heat and keep edging up the temp a notch. I usually like it on the cool side.

Nice to have you back! I am sorry for how much trouble you had to get home, but I'm glad you're home :icon_hug:

@vintagesnaps Hang in there Sharon! Good thing you know your rights. Sending healing thoughts your way.

Glad you are home! Wishing you speedy recovery.

Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.

Overcast here today, plus a bit nippy.

Most reactions

Back