What's new

The Coffee House

I enjoyed the Enola movies although I am not a fan when they break the 4th wall.

Have you watched the new Persuasion? It’s a Bridgerton-ish take on the classic. It was fun as long as you’re not a purist.

Also good period dramas - Sandition, Belgravia, Poldark, The Forsyte Saga, North and South (the BBC not the US civil war mini).
Thanks! Have my winter watching list now.
 
Thanks! Have my winter watching list now.
There’s a Facebook group called For the Love of Period Dramas that is a good source. We mostly talk about Pride and Prejudice and Downton Abbey lol..
 
Or close some of the tabs. Check that there isn't another app in the background that may be causing it.

That's what I meant. I leave YouTube tabs open because I am no finished viewing something or I want to re-watch it. Closing the tabs means I won't finish watching something or I won't re-watch it, so I will end up watching YouTube less.

I have not added new apps to the computer in at least a year, so other than YouTube's constant tinkering with their pages and an occasional update to Microsoft Edge everything is accounted for. And since YouTube pages appear to be the ones with problems, it does seem to point at that source. But yes, it is possible that it could be something else. Thanks anyway. . . .
 
I love all those British mysteries along with other shows on PBS such as Durrells in Corfu and Poldark. If any one enjoys reading British mysteries, two of my current favorites are Anne Perry and Tasha Alexander. My current Sunday-night lineup on PBS is Miss Scarlet and the Duke, Magpie Murders, and Annika. At least the commercials don’t interrupt the programs.

And Dr. Who. If I have to give up anything, Dr. Who will be the last to go.
 
I'll have to check out "Midsommer Murders". I recently watched "Enola" and "Enola 2" on Netflix. Enola is Sherlock's little sister. Love the period movies.
Another recent movie watch was "Bohemian Rhapsody". It is from 2018, but just now watching.
Next up on my to watch list is "Where the Crawdads Sing". I loved the book and hopefully the movie does it justice.

I'm ahead of schedule this year. I have most of my gift buying and wrapping done. Waiting on 2 that were on delayed shipping.
My wife saw the movie and said it was true to the book. You might also check out Inspector George Gently and Endeavour, the prequel to Inspector Morse (if you haven’t already).
 
Hi all, went and collected my lens, cost me 25 gbp for the repairs and the cost of a new uv filter so not to painful .
and then I got the canon 6d. Had to go to mums today, don’t ask, and took the camera with me… only I picked up the mem card holder and took cf cards with me and not sd cards….
will post pic, eventually lol
 
Sunday is the local Santa Claus parade. I was planning on taking a camera but the weather looks a bit too cold for me, so I guess I'll skip it completely.
 
The freezing temperatures have killed off everything this morning except the Chinese Spam on TPF. 😒
 
My xmas backdrop is up and ready. I have 2 composites planned and a creative photo planned. Now to wait until the grands get here on Friday. I write up a shot list every year so as to not forget things when the chaos reigns down.
 
I have 2 composites planned and a creative photo planned

I have a really great Christmas theme shot that would work great for all the grands, but I'm coming up blank on the period clothing I need. I've looked at some rental and used clothing places but to rich for me. Lil'Bit is missing her two front teeth which would also tie into the song "All I want for Christmas" but I'm coming blank on inspiration of how to put it together.
 
I have a really great Christmas theme shot that would work great for all the grands, but I'm coming up blank on the period clothing I need. I've looked at some rental and used clothing places but to rich for me. Lil'Bit is missing her two front teeth which would also tie into the song "All I want for Christmas" but I'm coming blank on inspiration of how to put it together.
"Period." What period were you considering? There's often not much daylight between "vintage" clothing sellers and donation stores apart from $$$, especially for kids' stuff.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom