What's new

The Coffee House

I happen to love the old style tiles in these houses! :586: They have such charm. They do collect grime and grit over the decades but can be cleaned up pretty easily with something like TSP or other icky household cleaners. We've got a similar bathroom and it cleaned up nicely.

What my bathroom doesn't have are BEAR towels, rug, or shower curtain. :biglaugh:

The rest of the remodel looks like it's coming along great, too! You're very lucky to have things being delivered ahead of schedule. I'm still waiting on a freaking garage door that was ordered in early September, as well as a small drop-leaf table and chairs. 2-3 weeks has turned into months.

I like seeing your progress pics - keep 'em coming!
 
The kitchen cabinets have been delivered, so the remodel has been moved up from January/February to mid-December (tentative). Because of the new timeframe, we've postponed next week's trip to Maine & Oklahoma (delivering some furniture and boxes) until the new year.

I haven't been takin g any photos of the house as we got it, because rooms full of junk and filth are embarrassing. I'm taking some snaps as we go along, though. Half of the main floor are "livable" but because we are still playing the shuffle-tile-game, there is still clutter. The house is still in probate, so we can't get rid of any furniture. The kitchen, living room, master bedroom, guest room, main bath, and the /12 bath in the master are useable, though there are still things to do. We have started in the basement and have a very long way to go, though we can wash clothes.

The Guest Room; still being used for staging boxes. We've put up new curtains and curtain rods, and need to get the boxes and extra things out. The furniture stays, for now. Some of the boxes contain photos to be scanned.
View attachment 261612

The first floor office (MLW's). This is the staging area on the main floor. This week end's project is to attack this room. There is a day bed that will stay, and the round-top table will eventually be relocated to the living room. The chairs go to the dining room once the old dining set has been delivered to Oklahoma (after probate is done). We will stage the contents of the kitchen cabinets and pantry closet in here during the remodel.
View attachment 261611

The main bathroom. Eventually the tiles will be replaced, as well as some of the hardware. MLW found the rug and shower curtains, somewhere.
View attachment 261613

View attachment 261614

View attachment 261615

View attachment 261616

Just a thought - you said because the house was still in probate that you couldn't get rid of any furniture. Does it have to stay in the house, though? What about a storage unit?
 
Just a thought - you said because the house was still in probate that you couldn't get rid of any furniture. Does it have to stay in the house, though? What about a storage unit?
No, storage units are fine, and there are four pieces of furniture in one until we head to Tulsa. The main thing is an inventory had to be made of the assets. She didn't really have anything but the house, the furniture inside, and the car. We already have a couple small storage units: lazy lobster's stuff is in one; stuff for son #1 (in Tulsa), and things from apartment are in the other. The inventory was submitted and approved, so now it's a waiting game. We are still waiting for the insurance to pay out so her debt can be paid off.

Once we get the basement cleared out, it will be a lot easier. I am disassembling the trains; I am storing track, trains - rolling stock, locomotives, and main scenery items - cars, trucks, trees, buildings, etc. and will use some, later on a "bookshelf switching" layout, display others in a cabinet, and probably sell some of the items. A good part of the area used by trains (about 10x18) will be the wood shop. The rest (10x22) will be combination art studio (an easel and drawer unit with supplies), and the recreation/entertainment area (bar and restaurant booth). The other parts of the basement are the utility + laundry room and my office. The office will also be a hobby area, and we're going to make the laundry are a but more workable. Attached to the utility/laundry space is a bathroom/shower. The shower is black with mildew so will either be steam cleaned/bleached or replaced. If I decide to put a darkroom in this house, this will be the location.

Oops - I forgot a couple shots:
This is a model of the house that dad built for the trains. HO (1:87) scale, made of card stock. It is pretty close, though the window for one of the bathrooms is missing. This will now resides on the ;living room mantle.
cmw3_iP12s_0125.png


Finally, the Crew Leader.
cmw3_iP12s_0160.png
 
Hi all
11 22 GMT here and this is just a short hi before I call it a day. Going to collect my 70 200 f4 from the camera repair shop in the morning. Decided to have a look at a used, 2nd hand, canon 6d. Hope all of you are well.
Can't wait to see the results, Have a good night
 
I must have missed something Charlie, why are you going to Oklahoma? Love the snowbear shower curtains, etc. what fun those are!

Leo, love the pictures of the cats with Christmas trees. And I like houndstooth, where did you find those chairs?

Guess what! a grill bot is a perfect gift, a commercial just told me so. If I'd quit watching 'Midsomer Murders' where English villagers bump off each other I wouldn't keep seeing the same commercials over and over.

That one and 'Martha' for medicare supplements - 'I'm NOT going to call!' good idea Martha, don't call! lol it's not going to be free after all.
 
I must have missed something Charlie, why are you going to Oklahoma? Love the snowbear shower curtains, etc. what fun those are!

Leo, love the pictures of the cats with Christmas trees. And I like houndstooth, where did you find those chairs?

Guess what! a grill bot is a perfect gift, a commercial just told me so. If I'd quit watching 'Midsomer Murders' where English villagers bump off each other I wouldn't keep seeing the same commercials over and over.

That one and 'Martha' for medicare supplements - 'I'm NOT going to call!' good idea Martha, don't call! lol it's not going to be free after all.
My mom’s new favorite show! Those channels have a lot of ads aimed at seniors. Resist!!! How are you Sharon? I hope you’re still on the road to recovery.
 
I must have missed something Charlie, why are you going to Oklahoma? Love the snowbear shower curtains, etc. what fun those
Thanks.

Long story short, Mom passed away last December and some of the furniture in the house is not our favorite style (Queen Anne), but my dad made it from repro kits so we will keep a tilt-top table and "candle stand" table. The end tables and a 'lowboy" chest, as well as the dining room set (we already had one) go to my oldest son and daughter in law, whom live in Tulsa. The youngest, lazy lobster, only wanted a rocking chair (we already have two).

I’ve also been watching Midsommer Murders. My morning background TV is Monarch of the Glen, Ballykissangel, Franky Drake Mysteries, then Midsommer Murders.
 
Last edited:
I must have missed something Charlie, why are you going to Oklahoma? Love the snowbear shower curtains, etc. what fun those are!

Leo, love the pictures of the cats with Christmas trees. And I like houndstooth, where did you find those chairs?

Guess what! a grill bot is a perfect gift, a commercial just told me so. If I'd quit watching 'Midsomer Murders' where English villagers bump off each other I wouldn't keep seeing the same commercials over and over.

That one and 'Martha' for medicare supplements - 'I'm NOT going to call!' good idea Martha, don't call! lol it's not going to be free after all.

Hey Sharon! That chair came from the very exotic location of the giant Ikea store in New Haven :biglaugh: I wasn't planning on getting it, but when I saw it, I couldn't resist!

I've never even heard of Midsomer Murders but despite the annoying commercials, I might have to start watching that.
 
I love all those British mysteries along with other shows on PBS such as Durrells in Corfu and Poldark. If any one enjoys reading British mysteries, two of my current favorites are Anne Perry and Tasha Alexander. My current Sunday-night lineup on PBS is Miss Scarlet and the Duke, Magpie Murders, and Annika. At least the commercials don’t interrupt the programs.
 
I'll have to check out "Midsommer Murders". I recently watched "Enola" and "Enola 2" on Netflix. Enola is Sherlock's little sister. Love the period movies.
Another recent movie watch was "Bohemian Rhapsody". It is from 2018, but just now watching.
Next up on my to watch list is "Where the Crawdads Sing". I loved the book and hopefully the movie does it justice.

I'm ahead of schedule this year. I have most of my gift buying and wrapping done. Waiting on 2 that were on delayed shipping.
 
Technically Annoying:

Lately I have had a lot of trouble with viewing the Internet on my main computer. My mouse is locking up a lot. I have a feeling the problem is probably coming from YouTube. I tend to leave a lot of tabs open, and YouTube likes to make changes. I expect that the most recent changes are loading up and re-distributing "interrupts" and overloading the mouse handling. If a non-YouTube tab is open (like this forum) there is less locking up, so that is an indicator.

I guess I'll have to reduce my YouTube watching. Ok. . . .
 
I must have missed something Charlie, why are you going to Oklahoma? Love the snowbear shower curtains, etc. what fun those are!

Leo, love the pictures of the cats with Christmas trees. And I like houndstooth, where did you find those chairs?

Guess what! a grill bot is a perfect gift, a commercial just told me so. If I'd quit watching 'Midsomer Murders' where English villagers bump off each other I wouldn't keep seeing the same commercials over and over.

That one and 'Martha' for medicare supplements - 'I'm NOT going to call!' good idea Martha, don't call! lol it's not going to be free after all.

I'm surprised that any villagers are left to kill, as they bump each other off so much lol
 
Technically Annoying:

Lately I have had a lot of trouble with viewing the Internet on my main computer. My mouse is locking up a lot. I have a feeling the problem is probably coming from YouTube. I tend to leave a lot of tabs open, and YouTube likes to make changes. I expect that the most recent changes are loading up and re-distributing "interrupts" and overloading the mouse handling. If a non-YouTube tab is open (like this forum) there is less locking up, so that is an indicator.

I guess I'll have to reduce my YouTube watching. Ok. . . .
Or close some of the tabs. Check that there isn't another app in the background that may be causing it.
 
I'll have to check out "Midsommer Murders". I recently watched "Enola" and "Enola 2" on Netflix. Enola is Sherlock's little sister. Love the period movies.
Another recent movie watch was "Bohemian Rhapsody". It is from 2018, but just now watching.
Next up on my to watch list is "Where the Crawdads Sing". I loved the book and hopefully the movie does it justice.

I'm ahead of schedule this year. I have most of my gift buying and wrapping done. Waiting on 2 that were on delayed shipping.
I enjoyed the Enola movies although I am not a fan when they break the 4th wall.

Have you watched the new Persuasion? It’s a Bridgerton-ish take on the classic. It was fun as long as you’re not a purist.

Also good period dramas - Sandition, Belgravia, Poldark, The Forsyte Saga, North and South (the BBC not the US civil war mini).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom