The Coffee House

Pine pollen started this week and th sinus headaches quickly followed. 😩 With no rain in the forecast and rising temperature looks like I'll be masking up outside.

Woke up to heavy low clouds and a falling snow. Very tempting to just crawl back under the covers!

But it's stopped snowing and the clouds are lifting, at least. I don't think we'll see any sun today and currently it's just below freezing outside.

Happy First Day of Spring! 🌻 :icon_sunny: ❄️ 🌨️

Hope it's lovely in your part of the world, hosers!

Beautiful and sunny here. Yesterday the wind dropped the temp 20 degrees. If the wind would stop then it would be bearable for a walk. I'm glad I got photos of the magnolia. With the wind it looked like it was snowing.

@CherylL lots of invasive Bradford Pears here. Last week the blooms were dying off and the wind was blowing the petals around Luke snow.

Back from my trip out west, time to see if any shots are good. Weather was only good for night sky 2 days out of the 12 and I was in a canyon. So not much there.

Came home to everything in bloom and had to cut the grass. The yearly battle has begun.

ame home to everything in bloom and had to cut the grass. The yearly battle has begun.

Yeah there's parts of our yard that are getting tall. I was hoping to hold off until next week, but I don't think we'll make it.

@CherylL lots of invasive Bradford Pears here. Last week the blooms were dying off and the wind was blowing the petals around Luke snow.
The Bradford Pears are in full bloom this week. I think they are the choice of trees on new build homes. That snap like twigs in a storm.

A little brisk today with the winds, but bundled up and got in a walk. The ground scrub is green and the trees are starting to bud. We were spoiled with the unseasonably warm temps a month ago and now it feels like winter.

Freezing temps at night all this week and then rain all next week. Typical Spring in New England. We’ve had it snow on Easter and have been to the beach in shorts in March. I do find this time of year very cold and raw, much worse than winter. Maybe because I have spring fever once we have a warm day.

Freezing temps at night all this week and then rain all next week. Typical Spring in New England. We’ve had it snow on Easter and have been to the beach in shorts in March. I do find this time of year very cold and raw, much worse than winter. Maybe because I have spring fever once we have a warm day.
Exactly - a few warm days and suddenly there are green shoots everywhere.

Our neighbors across the street and next door have perfect jonquils in bloom now. They're likely to be blasted by the drop in temperatures, but who knows? Maybe they're tougher up here. We had them up in February when I lived in the South!

Most reactions

Back