What's new

The Coffee House

Found this cutie at BJs today. You know if I have a chance to grow a pineapple, you can bet your butt I’m growing a freakin pineapple!

View attachment 281631
Get some fake lava flowing around it and you're all set! Don't forget the Mumu...
 
Of course you are! And it's going to be delicious!

Will the plant yield more than one at a time? I don't know anything about them.

I have no clue 😂😂😂. It was a case of impulse buy now and research later! I’ll have to do some googling. I don’t really care if it grows anything edible, I just thought it was adorable and fun and a plant that I’ve never seen for sale around here before.
 
My kitchen smells amazing right now! I'm getting a jump on Thanksgiving dinner by getting a few things done. Yesterday I made cranberry sauce, easy and tasty and chilling in the fridge.

This afternoon I made roasted butternut squash soup. Roasted the squash with russet potatoes for about half an hour after cutting them up and tossing in olive oil. It all came out of the oven with beautiful charred sides and bottoms. Added chopped fresh thyme, lots of salt and fresh ground pepper.

It's filled up the kitchen with beautiful aroma and I'm having to hold back from turning it into tonight's dinner. :lol:

Tomorrow is apple pie with Granny Smith apples.
 
We survived 6 days on the road with Lil'Bit had a lot of fun, made a lot of memories. This is the longest she's ever been away from home. Yesterday she was in a quandary, she wanted to come home, but she really wanted to stay longer. Only problems we had were the first two days it was really cold, and the last two days the crowds were pouring in ahead of Thanksgiving.
 
Best Thanksgiving wishes to all fellow patients! Remember, over-indulgence is highly recommended but not mandatory. But then who cares about face-saving, right? Besides, wounded
self-esteem mends quickly. Mine does, anyway.
Honking big snow squall system lining up to whack W. Ontario over the next 72hrs. Cheers!
 
Howdy folks! Wonderful Wednesday to ya! Sadly, we had to return home from a true paradise. But I guess that is what makes vacations special. I used to live in Hawaii, and it became ho-hum after a while, so I guess returning home is a good thing. I got my shots of the blue iguanas, and have posted some in the nature and wildlife forum. Will post more images from our adventure over the next few days. Grand Cayman was wonderful! The people are very friendly, and it is one of the cleanest places I've ever been. We drove the entire island, which was an adventure in itself, because it is a British Crown Territory, so I had to learn quickly how to drive a car with the steering wheel on the right and the driving lanes on the left side of the road, and lots of roundabouts. I have a new favorite concoction, The Drifter, the signature cocktail of the Driftwood Bar & Grill at the Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman, which was a very nice place. Legacy Gold Rum, muddled with fresh mint, ginger, lime, apple juice, and a splash of seltzer. Learned that the Mudslide was invented at Rum Point, and found that it is a dangerous drink. I asked the waiter for the non-alcoholic version since I was driving, and he sort of grinned, and delivered it with the alcohol in it. Needless to say, we had to wait a little longer to get back on the road. And the Pain Killers... oh, my! All in all, it was a very enjoyable time and all to short in my opinion.
 
Howdy folks! Wonderful Wednesday to ya! Sadly, we had to return home from a true paradise. But I guess that is what makes vacations special. I used to live in Hawaii, and it became ho-hum after a while, so I guess returning home is a good thing. I got my shots of the blue iguanas, and have posted some in the nature and wildlife forum. Will post more images from our adventure over the next few days. Grand Cayman was wonderful! The people are very friendly, and it is one of the cleanest places I've ever been. We drove the entire island, which was an adventure in itself, because it is a British Crown Territory, so I had to learn quickly how to drive a car with the steering wheel on the right and the driving lanes on the left side of the road, and lots of roundabouts. I have a new favorite concoction, The Drifter, the signature cocktail of the Driftwood Bar & Grill at the Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman, which was a very nice place. Legacy Gold Rum, muddled with fresh mint, ginger, lime, apple juice, and a splash of seltzer. Learned that the Mudslide was invented at Rum Point, and found that it is a dangerous drink. I asked the waiter for the non-alcoholic version since I was driving, and he sort of grinned, and delivered it with the alcohol in it. Needless to say, we had to wait a little longer to get back on the road. And the Pain Killers... oh, my! All in all, it was a very enjoyable time and all to short in my opinion.
Sounds like a killer getaway. Happy you conducted some publishable research at the local bars--commendable!
 
Sounds like a killer getaway. Happy you conducted some publishable research at the local bars--commendable!
My youngest son was a bartender, so I gave him the recipe for The Drifter, since more research is needed on this particular beverage. I plan on experimenting with a version made with Ginger Beer, since that seems to be easier than muddling ginger root.
 
Howdy folks! Wonderful Wednesday to ya! Sadly, we had to return home from a true paradise. But I guess that is what makes vacations special. I used to live in Hawaii, and it became ho-hum after a while, so I guess returning home is a good thing. I got my shots of the blue iguanas, and have posted some in the nature and wildlife forum. Will post more images from our adventure over the next few days. Grand Cayman was wonderful! The people are very friendly, and it is one of the cleanest places I've ever been. We drove the entire island, which was an adventure in itself, because it is a British Crown Territory, so I had to learn quickly how to drive a car with the steering wheel on the right and the driving lanes on the left side of the road, and lots of roundabouts. I have a new favorite concoction, The Drifter, the signature cocktail of the Driftwood Bar & Grill at the Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman, which was a very nice place. Legacy Gold Rum, muddled with fresh mint, ginger, lime, apple juice, and a splash of seltzer. Learned that the Mudslide was invented at Rum Point, and found that it is a dangerous drink. I asked the waiter for the non-alcoholic version since I was driving, and he sort of grinned, and delivered it with the alcohol in it. Needless to say, we had to wait a little longer to get back on the road. And the Pain Killers... oh, my! All in all, it was a very enjoyable time and all to short in my opinion.
Sounds like a blast! A total getaway from the daily routine - wonderful.

I'm sure I'll be coming across your pics soon. :) Glad you didn't get rained out like you feared.
 
Sounds like a blast! A total getaway from the daily routine - wonderful.

I'm sure I'll be coming across your pics soon. :) Glad you didn't get rained out like you feared.
It was a lot of fun and very relaxing. We did spend one day in the hotel, but my lieber Frau had booked us a one bedroom apartment for the four days, so it was sort of like being at home, and we did a lot of sleeping and just plain resting that day, which was much needed for both of us. We ventured out again on the last day, but the air was warm, humid, and still so not much fun. Still, all in all we had a very good time. We had to cancel plans to swim with the stingrays, because the winds made it a liability for the skippers of the boats, but we still got to see a stingray, and we went to Starfish Point and waded with the starfish, which was fun.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom